1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Media Conspiracy] Who ordered the hit on James harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 25, 2018.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Basketball reference MVP probabilities after the 61 point game...

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Given Giannis' overwhelming team success (despite injuries), I can't say I really have a problem with this. I think Harden is obviously the better player and the more valuable player to his team, but I think team success should matter, like it should have when Westbrook won over Harden, so I am cool with Harden at #2 (for now).

Davis at the 3 spot or Kawhi at the 4 spot is objectively stupid, though. Davis loses every other game, and Kawhi sits out every other game.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

**** that. The fact is Westbrook WON the MVP 2 years ago, which completely shifted the parameters for what an MVP should be. Using those new parameters, Harden is the clear-cut MVP this season. He's got narrative (dragging a bunch of D-leaguers on his back), he's got the stats (doing things nobody since Kobe/Wilt have done), he's got the wins (the team is still performing at a high level despite all the injuries), and he's got the attention (most polarizing player in the league by far). Giannis has been phenomenal, but because Westbrook actually WON 2 years ago, we can no longer play the "what-if" game when it comes to criteria for voting. Harden is this year's MVP.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hey man...I agree with you. None of what you say is wrong.

I'm just saying I get the sentiment of having Giannis above him right now. I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it. As opposed to Westbrook two years ago or Lebron last year, which I did not get in the slightest bit.

SWTsig and Hmc415 like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I have no problem with Giannis winning it either. He's certainly deserving.

SWTsig likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Team success" is a big driver of this. Before last night's game Harden was at 16.7%.

Bucks have an 8 game lead on the Rockets in the loss column. Rockets need to make up ground.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Put Houston in the Eastern Conference, haha, I mean I know the EC has gotten better and record wise Bucks haven't played bad against West Conference Teams. But I'm just saying even now ... In the east you don't even need a .500 record to be in the playoffs. Also with all the stupid rules/no rules on MVP (see WB with shitty record getting rewarded) and the dialog these MVP voters follow throughout the year they should let him go like 3-4 seasons before getting him the trophy, I mean assuming they want to continue to follow the bs narratives they make up on a whim.

Don't get me wrong though, the Greek is amazing.

Handles, seeingred and hakeem94 like this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is what I mean... WB gets rewarded with a shitty record.

BamBam, s3ts and Blurr#7 like this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

hope ppl arent disappointed when Giannis wins it because he's in the easy east. playing like 10 tanking teams 4x a year must be nice. That's easily 30+ wins right there. In the west, only the Suns are tanking.

s3ts and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Except before Westbrook won, it was 'best player on the best team' (Curry over Harden), i.e. the narrative is whatever the media wants to push.

11. Mr. Space City

bball reference mvp tracker also had harden winning over westbrook in 2017 but mvp tracker doesn't take into account narrative.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

13. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Nick Wright showing Harden love on the radio right now and calling out the media for undermining his success.

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in mvp considerations you never see this mentioned.. and its a very important factor

the same goes for discussions who is a better player who performs well in playoffs and similar

CCity Zero and thedreamsteam like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is absolutely bullshit, I don't ever recall Jordan/Kobe being mentioned in an article like this. Especially when the team is winning. If you can do it like Harden is?? Why the **** wouldn't you??? "this isn't the best style for kids" uh yeah its not for like 99.9999%, but last time I checked it's about winning. I mean seriously, if you were a coach that had a player that could do what Harden's doing, are you seriously going to pull him aside and say stop the iso (especially if he's sharing the ball)?????

GTFO CBS, during the Jordan/Kobe Era no one ever said this **** when they were isoing.... I can't believe this is a point of discussion, dude passes the ball, scores on unassisted plays and last time I checked... he's playing in the NBA, not ****ing Little Dribblers.

Maybe the media just forgot what it's like to be watching greatness that isn't on the Lakers/Dubs/Bulls etc. Unfortunately I think this level of bashing would probably have happened to Hakeem if the Internet wasn't in its infancy - "that Dream Shake move is traveling!!!" - "this isn't the best style of ball to teach because his footwork is too hard to learn/teach".

This must be bleedover from everyone gets a trophy, right???

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To use Clutchfans language: A ton of people are sending negative vibes to Harden and still nobody can stop him.

Maybe we need to send some negative vibes to those negative vibes folks in the media to counteract their negative vibes. :cool:

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

National media response after Madison Square Harden night:

18. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

19. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Thank God for First Things First. In an ocean of Harden hate, I can never get enough of a couple of media guys struggling to find new ways to jerk off to the HarGod every day he continues to surpass himself.

20. wesbound

wesbound Member

Nick Wrigt is pretty much the only guy that actually respect & appreciate Harden..
    It took so long till the other so call analyst to say anything good about harden but those are all backhand slap compliments.

Handles, J Sizzle and thedreamsteam like this.