1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you really believe Kenneth Faried will make a difference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock Harden, Jan 21, 2019.

?

Will he have a positive impact on this team?

1. Yes-He's been in a bad situation for quite sometime

2. No-He's washed up like Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Some of you have unrealistic expectations of what can be added to the team. We got a serviceable player under 30 that should be maximized by our system/harden off the trash heap. I'd consider that a positive

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

The guy doesn't even have a consistent free throw motion... even if it's bad form, at least a professional should have a repetitive motion down pat

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Better than Chriss...so we have improved on the cheap. I'll take it.

roslolian, D-rock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dude can rebound and finish. All you need with Harden.

roslolian, GotGame15, SWTsig and 4 others like this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

Will be so much better off the bench when Clint comes back. Now we'll always have a lob threat and a hall of fame point gaurd with cp3. Same with Rivers. They are going to benefit a ton from Clint and CP3 coming back

Hakeemtheking, SWTsig, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

If Lucas can fix clint he will fix faried as well

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Faried with the low-key 3 steals and 3 blocks to go with his 11 points and 8 boards
    He's solid against non-giants (Embiid).

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much this.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Faried looked good tonight. He's situational, but against the right match ups he can really be a difference maker. He's basically a platoon player in baseball. He can't play versus everyone, but the right match ups he crushes.

10. H-Town Rockets Guy

I think we should wait until he gets some practice time with the team once we get back to Houston. He does look lost in some of the plays and Harden pretty much had to tell him where to go. But I really like his effort and energy. I hope Morey get another big to make sure we have someone that can backup Capela

saleem, roslolian and RocketsTerps like this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He was great tonight.

Even blew my 8 year old sons mind by attempting a 3 pointer. Lol. When in Rome...

saleem, roslolian, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

He made one last game

13. basketballholic

Don't know how you could know that at this point. But there aren't any good/great options at this point.

Will it be rectified by Feb 7? Or by March 1? Or not at all?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwert made corner 3s, mind just got pieced together.

15. hakeemthagreat

He's solid. Mind you he was signed a few days ago with NO practice, yet put up 13 & 8. I think we'll see his real value when CP comes back

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He has been playing at "warm body" level so far... But guess what. We actually needed that on this patchwork roster.

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

For a backup big i like what he does. He still has a great nose for the ball and can run.

Glad to have him here.

Jayzers_100, YOLO and RudyTBag like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to the pick and roll and rebounding, Faried is elite. I've also been impressed with his decision making as a passer. His defense in the post is dreadful, but I really like the options he gives Mike. Hopefully we can snag a James Johnson or Jam Green to hide him a little better in 2nd units.

FANTASTIC signing and literally the perfect fit for our squad. I could see Faried sticking around for a long time coming off our bench.

YOLO likes this.
  20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Super happy about what I'm seeing from Faried. I'm also happy about him and Harden having a relationship before the signing with Harden and Faried talking 'extensively' about his fit. Good communication is good.

I cannot wait to see his first game after he is finally able to get a practice in with the team. Then, I can't wait to see games after he gets several practices in.

My only concern so far with Faried is that I can see the potential of him getting several unneeded techs after offensive finishes. He picked one up the first games, and WHILE NOT CALLED, there were two situations last night where he could have picked them up. In any 'big' game, or one televised for that matter those will be called. I don't want to see us give any easy possessions or points like this away in the playoffs. Dude needs to take it down a notch to a Capela level. Capela loves to to celebrate and posture, but he does so within the confines of the rules.

IvanLCPM and saleem like this.