1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 1/18/2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

He's already the best center the Warriors have ever had, in this dynasty run.

So GS gets Cousins back. Meanwhile, CP3, Capela are out, and Ennis + Gordon are questionable for the next game. Sigh.

2. nbafan2016-17

nbafan2016-17 Member

They didn’t rescind it lol. Hanging on the rim is considered a different type of technical foul, not an “unsportsmanlike” technical foul, which you need 2 of to get ejected. The clippers still shot a free throw for it.

DreamShook likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sounds like a made up rule to benefit Draymond!

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  4. nbafan2016-17

nbafan2016-17 Member

Lol it’s more like one of those old rules nobody understands why it even exists

DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

the warriors know when they are breaking the rules, and they do it because they want espn to continue to put more focus on their team. Right now Harden is topic of the NBA right now, and they cant have that. They need curry to be in spotlight

they just do **** that will lead to headlines, and so they can the be the topic of discussion. Its insane how this team acts, i dont know if its because their team is located in the the sjw capital of the usa or what. But from iggy using the n-word in a post game presser a couple of years back, to draymond kicking players in the groin, to curry mocking harden for traveling againist the kings, to steve kerr puting out a public tweet then erasing it. I mean come on this whole team is just thristy for attention

edit. forgot curry crying about us not landing on the moon, and durant cursing out fans in the frontrow in dallas. insane

anything else

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Here is the play in question, Draymond has literally never hung on the rim like this before. He knew it would be a technical, but they do stuff like this, because espn and all the other nba media outlets will talk about it the next day

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Incoming Cousins/Warriors are unfair.

:D

YOLO likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

man if cousins gets going for GS.......

9. nbafan2016-17

nbafan2016-17 Member

Okay bro lay off the drinks for tonight. Trust me, I dislike the warriors as much as the next guy but to think they actively try to seek media attention is a little bit much. They’re gonna get it with the “greatness” the media cooks up. I would put it on the media more than them. Guys around the league say n****a on camera every day, as well as share their political opinions.

10. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

im sure it happens in the locker room. But during a live postgame presser.. come on bruh( and he was rightfully fined)... these dudes are thirsty for attention( almost likes instgram models). Right now Harden is the main topic around the league, and they cant have it. This behavior by them has been going on for YEARS

When trump said they were not invited to the white house, that was the only time anybody ever stood up to them

Had the rockets won the title and not been screwed last year, Ted Cruz said Harden and most of the rockets would have gone to the white house, Adam Silver has turned the league upside down where the soldiers are running the asylum. This would never happen under stern.

11. kiwirocketsfan

Cousins shooting 75% from 3.

O V A H

OVAH

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's been the narrative since the first day Cousins signed with the Warriors tho

13. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Cousins makes them more beatable. Looney and Bell is more of a threat in todays NBA. The pelicans took off when cousins got hurt last year, and according to a youtuber i follow with great sources around the league. Anthony Davis was not that intrested in having to play with Cousins the following year

BigShasta likes this.
  14. nbafan2016-17

nbafan2016-17 Member

I believe Westbrook said it awhile back as well and I’m sure it wasn’t for attention my guess it slipped out. Don’t make yourself delusional with anger about the warriors, it’s not worth it. Actually, I think the reason I’ve seen a lack of harden stuff on Twitter and ESPN is because the team isn’t winning. It’s like what’s good about dropping sixty if we take an L. I think their political views are separate though because I think it would be very simple minded to think they are craving media attention because they speak their (liberal) opinions. Everyone has a right to an opinion and it doesn’t mean they are “searching for attention.” By expressing theirs. Obv nba players are going to get attention. Back to back champions are going to get attention. I honestly don’t give a f**k what the media says about the warriors and if you do, you are just getting upset about nothing

15. Mr. Space City

14 points in 15 minutes for a 4th option

[​IMG]

16. nbafan2016-17

nbafan2016-17 Member

Lol once again bro you need to follow basketball. Cousins is +21 in 15 mins in his FIRST game in a YEAR. fuuuuuu**

17. HP3

HP3 Member

One game plus minus stat is garbage, chill. They dont look that good, and the Clippers were missing Gallo and Lou Williams. Boogie being out there is a plus for us, he's not a better defender than Looney, Harden will eat.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not worried about the Warriors, man. They were already OP. What's one more player? If Boogie takes shots away from KD, Steph and Klay, I'm good with that.

Every team that we wanted to lose, won today. Rockets got no help.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Boogie racking up 3 pointers while sloth-footed Boban guarding the paint like Hodor guarding Bran Stark.

HP3 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Wanna offer some positivity hear, at least the Clippers lost and that keeps them off out but a little for the 5th seed.