1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Capela out 4-6 weeks - Clint Capela Thumb Injury thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jan 14, 2019.

1. jcf

jcf Member

Try "call out"

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'll save you the wait.

Something something freebirds.

oogie boogie likes this.
  3. Bowlrips

Bowlrips Member

Pretty sure the Knicks would take Houstons 1st and 2nd for Vonleh without involving Courtney Lee in the deal

4. jcf

jcf Member

At this rate, we will end up starting Harden and 4 guys from the Y. And my money is still on Harden dragging us into the playoffs. (Ok. Truthfully, this stinks. But we might be on the cusp of witnessing further greatness.)

Smacktle and ramotadab like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We will have the pathetic first month of the season to blame if we miss the playoffs

Smacktle, ramotadab and Huncho Bean like this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

At this rate we might just need courtney lee with the injury plague destroying us!

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i really like the posters who demand pinpoint medical diagnoses before medical testing has even been concluded.

D-rock likes this.
  8. jcf

jcf Member

Can Morey handle three phones??

ramotadab likes this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

McGee is a doofis.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Did Nene retire? I know this is a hot take, but we're not missing as much as you think we are with Clint. He's so inconsistent (for example, significantly outplayed yesterday against Vucevic).

Capela only has a net rating of 1.2. Nene and Hartenstein actually lead the Rockets in net rating with 12.4 and 11.9 respectively. Now we get to see how much of that is just small sample size.

I expect MDA will go super small and play Tucker and Clark at C, that is until Morey acquires another big.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if they say 4-6 weeks you know it really means 6-8

Smacktle, Vivi, GotGame15 and 3 others like this.
  12. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

It’s time to move on Dedmon and Bazemore for Knight and a 1st or EG and a 2nd.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't know how much more Harden can carry. Honestly, it's superhuman effort what he is doing.

Smacktle likes this.
  14. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

I'm sick to my stomach right now! After a horrendous start, we finally right our ship and this **** happens. Why must you curse us, NBA gods?!?!

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

No competitive playoff team would give up a good player to help us for picks, so have to look to bad teams.

Lopez, Vonleh, Tristan Thompson, Faried.

These guys are not good. They are not players that we would be looking at if it wasn't for a Capela injury.

Richaun Holmes is the guy we should be after. He is a per minute and advanced stat beast. And small ball center that would have been able to take minutes away from Capela even if he was healthy.

Why would Phoenix trade him? They are all in on Ayton, and with Holmes on the team Ayton is actually losing minutes to him. They want to tank. And also because Holmes is an unrestricted fa after this year and they will likely lose him for nothing.

Trade for Holmes. Save the season.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kent Bazemore (ankle) still has not been cleared for contact work and he remains without an official timetable to return. Bazemore has been out for two weeks now, but with him still not taking contact, we can assume he's still not close. The 13-30 Hawks will take their time in bringing back the 29-year-old swingman.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cocabolo - or whatever the hell his name is.....sign House and CocoBoycentero for a 45 - 2 way deal.

DD

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Dear @BimaThug ,

I have left a space between your name and the comma in hopes that you'll see this. I hope the poor punctuation does not skew my question in your mind and though it might, I shall proceed to ask it forthwith. But not before I.. jk bt.. bad timing.

For real is there any such thing as a medical provision teams can use to sign someone? I feel like we've got to be approaching some medical alleviation or something with all these injuries lately. Am I off here or does the NBA understand that something should be done when 4/5ths of your starting lineup is out?

Sincerely,

Don Grahamleone

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

They want assets back. They won’t buy him out and if they do he is going to the warriors

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

D-rock and jcf like this.