1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela signs 5yr, $80mil deal ($90M w/ incentives) with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 27, 2018.

1. zigzag

zigzag Member

Just STOP

mockster likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We may have a better chance with a guy who isn't good enough to be on an NBA roster?

What a weird, weird, weird thing to say, let alone truly believe.

You need to stop, just stop. No one thinks you're funny or witty with your so horribly wrong takes anymore.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We haven't changed our system; we've added to it, so we can throw different looks when needed.

You saying we can't drop Capela vs GSW is correct, yet irrelevant. Because we don't need to against them, since they suck at rebounding and have no low post threat.

this is irrelevant against GSW. What has happened is the league went to school on how to copy our playoff defense against the Warriors. And that is why the warriors look so beatable now.

Our switching system is not flawed wrt GSW. It will get the most out of any compliment of players you can foresee. It is the best system invented against them, and the league is copying it.

4. basketballholic

No I didn't say we would have a better chance with a guy that's not good enough to be on an NBA roster. That's your twist.

I happen to know many players that aren't in the NBA that are good enough to be on an NBA roster. And when it comes time to beat the Warriors.....yes, we would be better off with some of them than with Capela....whom we will have to park on the bench to beat them.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The 'return' err, the 'arrival' of Boogsman may well render your post passe; or the Dubs passe; or the rest of the Association passe.

(But, if we drop our int'l 5 for some other, afore cut 'on the street', int'l 4/5 then Rox can boogie down to Parade Day.)

topfive likes this.
  6. basketballholic

Utter foolishness. I thought you were smarter than this. But apparently not. I'm not going to bother to waste my time and keystrokes to explain it to you. Suffice to say.... KD or Draymond are a total mismatch against us in the post versus Ennis/House/EGo/Rivers. Just utter foolishness.

I didn't say our system was flawed. I said we don't have the parts necessary to play our system effectively enough to beat the Warriors now. We are not nearly as good defensively this year as last. And that directly led to us mixing schemes to make the best use of Capela. We've already conceded we can't play defense like we did last season.

Going to war with even less armor, bullets, and equipment and using the same strategy that we were using when we lost the last war the last time.

Utter foolishness.

7. Dmo

Dmo Member

Lol

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So this year's version of the GSW has elite D? Not this year till now.

Let's just await the Arrival of Prince Cousins.

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Wonder why basketballholic was banned....

10. basketballholic

Legit point.

Do

You

Think

This

Is

How

The

Warriors

Will

Be

Playing

In

The

Playoffs?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I thought last year GSW would obliterate us even with CP3 and Harden.

They did not.

They are even weaker this year. Of course they turn up a notch in the playoffs but is that notch really historic?

Of course Harden has to score 37+ pts nearly every game, it is not impossible.

KD and Dray Arse will continue to feud internally.

Dun get me wrong, anything can happen in 4 months time!

jcf, HP3 and topfive like this.
  12. basketballholic

From what?

13. basketballholic

Ok. So your championship dreams are resting on the hope that when the Warriors "turn it up a notch" that they "won't be turning it up as much as last year."

LOL

Another brilliant strategy.

Go back to war against the same group that beat you last season using the same strategy but with less weapons and armor and bet on the opponent having less ammo.

Now there's a winner...lemmetellya.

Good lord. Pop the cork man.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have shown they can play very well but other teams have increased their win shares as well.

I am not saying they won't repeat but they sure dun show any fire now.

No passion for the game. No BBall IQ, no heart.

Blazers? Really?

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

And I thought Christmas was over...

The gifts just keep coming

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And yet, the Rockets were a strained hamstring or a historically bad stretch of three point shooting from beating the Warriors.

Deckard likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Context masters.

They may implode.

Is that how you go about winning championships? Same strategy with less ammo as last year Then dummy down the defense to the same defense that your opponent blasted through the previous championship seasons??????

It's foolishness to think we're going Rio win a championship this way. Foolishness.

It may be a necessary step at present, given that our current personnel isn't capable of playing switching D like we did last season. But it's a step backwards. These defensive changes/additions aren't the answer. (Hilarious that some posters here think we're actually adding to the defense when we're essentially backing up to the past.) They're a band-aid.

18. basketballholic

Not with this bunch they weren't.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rox are lucky to have Harden and have this season turned around. They were looking at 12th seed- 8th seed.

It's Year 1 of the New Freedom of Movement. Nobody knows for sure what the new Playoffs under this new rule will look like.

Not necessarily the Rockets but I would like for the Milwaukee Bucks to at least make a run for it.

Kawhi is a tad too injury prone but who knows?

That said, I would like to see a New Champion crowned!

20. fattz

fattz Member

Holic do you watch the games? If so the guy with the spot in hair is Capela. He is a really good player. He has grown into a above average team player in the NBA. Your argument started years ago and had merit at the time. I even agreed with some of your points of view. Now not so much even Capela contract has value for his level of play. Please just stop and appreciate what has transpired over time. The project “Capela” actually worked and worked out well. Enjoy our team and just stop posting about Capela like he is a rookie because he is not. Harden & MDA gets credit for his development but not as much as Capela’s hard work.

jcf, Deckard, Mathloom and 2 others like this.