1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s really simple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Yep, the Rockets are Old.

They are also Slow, Short, Unathletic, and Uninspired.

2. Dmo

Dmo Member

We need Joe Harris from the Nets. He'd be Klay 2.0 here.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

We lost to gsw last year because cp3 was injured and didnt have a backup

Morey should have worked with cp3 and told him hes a year older and more injury prone. Leave some money on the table so morey can get a backup pg. And retain everyone

#23 vlaurelio, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    lw17 likes this.
  4. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

At this point, I would really consider starting Gerald Green at the 3 and see what happens.

Or moving tucker to the 3 and find a stretch 4 type of player eg Kevin love...

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LMAO, this post is premium. Look at this B.S. ha ha.

5 centers? WTF

PWR and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. smp

smp Member

Well said. This roster is poorly constructed. I didnt know anything about MCW, Ennis, House, or Clark. I knew Nene was done last year. I wasn't sure about Melo. Now we know that all of those questionable guys don't fit. I'm not sure how we are going to upgrade 6 players. Haha. This season is over.

lw17 and PWR like this.
  7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

And that’s on Morey.

PWR likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We just need Eric Gordon to start having more fun

9. rocketsmetalspd

Just seems like CP3 is wanting out and would rather be hooping some place with his true pal Melo. Maybe his wish will come true December 15th. Either way something needs to done or plan on getting ready for next season.

10. TimmyD21!

TimmyD21! Member

As Spurs fan I will say this. The Rockets may be struggling this year but to me Houston has the brightest sports future with Texans and Astros. Texans look to be a contender for years to come.

lw17 likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

I really hope so. This really needs to stop. If we just come out clean in the trade we would still be backwards in his tenure here.

12. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

It’s really simple... it’s Low T

[​IMG]

BigDog63 likes this.
  13. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Not gonna lie, this is funny but I get what he said. The nba season is fun for the players. Sure it’s pro ball and should be taken seriously, but no one wants to grind out 82 games because every team wants a piece of you. We blew out every team last year and it seems like every team we have played so far has been chippy with us or played out of their minds. Combine that with the system where only guys who can create have the ball the majority of the time and it is not fun.

But you’re a freaking millionaire from playing basketball. I love competitive games. They are more fun than just playing casually. The thing is you have to understand comp at the nba level is tough. 82 playoff games sound painful. But every team sees us bleeding and they want to stick it to us. If the warriors were struggling this year we would love to beat them down some more.

Maybe it’s wearjng the rockets out both physically and mentally. I would love it if I could play at that level even on a two way contract. Competition Sounds fun.

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Bro, watch the Texans finish next season 1-15. That’s what they do. One season where they look really good followed by 3-4 sucky seasons.

The rockets looked like they were gonna be a top 2-5 team for the next few years and look what happened.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Not really all that different than last year...that's not the issue. Arizza and Luc were NOT +20 WAR players. Losing them doesn't explain this drop off.

I think the issue is mental. When you play like you don't really care...you get beat.

it's that simple. And also why so many WCF teams don't make it back.

How to fix it? That's what coaches get paid the big bux for.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

MDA looks like a genius when it works... and a stubborn idiot when it dont....

short rotations and/or heavy minutes kills yer starters and hurts their defensive effort... even moreso the older they get...

'just playing our game' is great when you win - but failing to make adjustments can also lose games down the stretch...

just wanting guys to shoot x number of 3's is great when they go in - and shoots you right outta games when they dont...

not moving the ball around and getting everyone involved can get shook off when yer team gets the win - but pisses guys off when they lose...

refusing to play a third of your roster can pump up your offensive efficiency - but leaves you screwed when guys are off or injured and you have no fallback..

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Sure sign of a system coach. You would think that any coach at this level would be able to adapt to the players, but that seems to be far from the case.

kjayp likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MDA is nearing retirement. He won't and he can't change. He would be worse off without having Harden and last year without Bzdelik and he knows it.

Bzdelik is nearing retirement as well.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HP3 likes this.
  20. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member