1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When Dershowitz registers with cf.net and posts his opinion, then I might care.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

haha, I am glad I saw this.

These types think it's outrageous that a prosecutor would dare to pursue fines and jail time, and they whip their mush-brained rubes into a frenzy to huff it down like yesterday's Romaine lettuce.

The prosecution is the legal party responsible for presenting the case against an individual or a corporation suspected of breaking the law, initiating and directing further criminal investigations, guiding and recommending the sentencing of offenders,

You people are not only living in your own reality, you aren't even able to speak english anymore.

Pretty soon a shared language of grunts, toxic memes, white power symbols and Russian will be their only means of expression. Sarah Palin was just the beginning.

Use your words, folks, USE YOUR WORDS!

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Provoking New Crimes Rather than Uncovering Past Crimes: Mueller's Modus Operandi
    by Alan M. Dershowitz
    November 30, 2018 at 5:00 am

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/13363/robert-mueller-modus-operandi
    • Even if Mueller could prove that members of the Trump team had colluded with Julian Assange to use material that Assange had unlawfully obtained, that, too, would not be a crime.

• Merely using the product of an already committed theft of information is not a crime. If you don't believe me, ask the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Guardian and other newspapers that used material illegally obtained by Assange with full knowledge that it was illegally obtained.

• In the end, Mueller should be judged by how successful he has been in satisfying his central mission. Judged by that standard and based on what we now know, he seems to be an abysmal failure.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, it's a real thing. Who knew that bribing a foreign leader would be against the law?

To no one's surprise, Trump is not a fan of Bribery Laws. Did ... not ... see ... that ... coming.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...however the hell Hillary Clinton managed to slip by this bunch has to be worthy of at least the Scorsece treatment...

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"The defendant wants to hide the truth because he's generally guilty. The defense attorney's job is to make sure the jury does not arrive at that truth."

7. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good reminder that it is in SD:NY rather than from mueller.

i'm just not certain how you can be confident of the bolded section with what has been reported (as in, the identity of individual #1). meaning, there very well may be a court case. it could be bias from the media but, to say the payments did not come from campaign contributions and are not violations of any laws sounds a bit premature. ultimately, this and just about everything within the investigation is probably best by taking a "wait and see" approach.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If the plea deal holds, then there will be no trial. That is why so many cases reach a plea, so as to skip a trial. Now if the plea deal falls apart, then you have a good point. I was presuming that the plea deal is the basis for whatever sentence that Cohen receives.

As far as the so-called "campaign expenses," it is up to the FEC to make that determination regarding the Trump campaign. The usual problem is using campaign funds for personal reasons. Instead, in this instance third party funds were used for personal expenses that were not clearly associated with the campaign. These funds were never designated as campaign funds and the expenses were not paid for by the campaign or designated as campaign expenses. The thing the FEC is concerned about is using formal campaign funds for improper reasons. That just did not happen here. Or, if anyone want to try to make the case that it did, then they need to file a complaint with the FEC.

But the FEC knows about this, from the news coverage that it has received, and the response has been a big yawn. Anyway, many on the Democrat left seem to think that we have moved to a presumption of guilty until the accused proves himself innocent, for anyone they regard as an adversary. This may be hard news for some people, but it just does not work that way, regardless of what the mass media partisan hacks keep telling everyone.

#4868 MojoMan, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    cml750 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

LOCK HIM UP!
    LOCK HIM UP!

LongTimeFan likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good God. Strayer University has a school of law now.

We're
    Bot
    Worthy

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

For what, specifically? At least with Hillary we had specific circumstances, evidence and identifiable charges that she could specifically be locked up for.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If the circumstances, evidence and identifiable charges are properly established, the next step is usually to arrest the alleged perpetrator and lock her up. The only reason that did not happen with Hillary Clinton is that James Comey intervened in her case and pronounced that no "intent" had been established, even though that was very clearly not a requirement of the statute.

With Trump, what specific circumstances, evidence and identifiable charges are you proposing he would be arrested and charged for? Other than that he had the audacity to defeat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

15. Papa John

Papa John Member

Thanks for the laugh cheers

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I believe he is more of a Capella man.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I said The Plea Deal... meaning the document.

He did not sign it. He leaked it. The documents lay out what I said about the contacts with Assange.

18. dobro1229

And I’m guessing you think the Inspector General and Trumps own DOJ are in on covering up for Comeys intervention as well. Matthew Whitaker and Jeff Sessions have served as AG since Trump took office? Why are Hillary, Comey, Obama, and all your foes still running around free?

What crimes you say?

It’s in court filings that Trump ordered his personal attorney to commit election fraud.

That is a crime. Not sure why this is so complicated to you guys. Doesn’t mean I want the president imprisoned over it, but I do expect that anyone who lives on planet earth to acknowledge basic facts like the sky is blue, water is wet, and technically Trump ordered a crime to be commited which is a crime.

He’s not charged for it (what your next obvious talking point will be) because he’s the Freaking president of the United States. It’s Congress’ role to take evidence of criminal behavior from a president and make a POLITICAL decision with it.... aka impeachment after a house judiciary inquiry deems the crime in question worthy of pursuing. They didn’t do that with a Republican House. Doesn’t mean I can’t talk about it. Doesn’t mean I have to acknowledge your stance that facts aren’t facts, and what we can all see and read doesn’t actually exist.

This is like... not complicated dude.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Election fraud? What are you talking about?

20. dobro1229