1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

But I don't see what's so significant about the underlying story.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You don't think it is significant that Trump's property tax attorneys were raided by federal agencies?

It could be unrelated, but if it is Trump related, the feds don't make raids for fun.

3. JuanValdez

C'mon, raids have got to be fun!

Anyway, I think you said it. It might be Trump related, or maybe not. It might be little, it might be big. Maybe criminal activity happened at the company, or maybe they just have records that would incriminate a client. Hard to get too excited when you don't know what the hell is going on.

Though I see on the news right now that German police just raided Deutsche Bank regarding money laundering.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...Jiminy Crickets, but I'm running out of popcorn....

5. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so when do FBI warrants become public?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"No, seriously, this time it's for real. Ya gotta believe me"

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So, Mueller pretended to go along with Manafort knowing he was lying, and let him leak those answers to Trump and allow Trump to lie in his answers, then trapped Manafort, and by proxy Trump with the truth from Cohen and others.

Oh man, wow.

DD

Fullcourt likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

Is that the perjury trap I've heard so much about?

9. DaDakota

It is not a trap if they tell the truth, and it is ILLEGAL to lie to the FBI.

DD

10. DaDakota

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And none of those charges have to do with collusion.

12. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

So, it’s all good then? If you don’t see where this is going, you really can’t be helped. I have a strong feeling you collusion deniers are going to have some rough months ahead.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think we should just wait until actual evidence of a crime comes out. So far we've heard for 2 years that they are going to eventually come up with something, but we've yet to see any evidence of Trump committing a crime. Right now we're still hearing #Soon and at some point it just gets hard to believe.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

None of this would have anything to do with Manafort, Manafort joined trump's campaign in june and was never involved in trump the business person's dealings. Manafort is being tapped for stuff before he joined the campaign, such as meeting Assange in march 2016 (notice how march comes before june?)

Actually that evidence was provided by Trump's team, lol. This is the crux of why Cohen turned on Trump, it's because Trump burned him. Cohen testified to **** that wasn't true, Trump never testified to anything, so Trump just handed over stuff like his russian dealings, is honest about, but since Cohen had lied, it left Cohen exposed. Do people really think Cohen would have turned on Trump just because Mueller squeezed him?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Paul Manafort's convictions are about Paul Manafort. The worst thing from Cohen is that a deal Trump was working on in Russia ended four months after Trump claimed but the deal was already public.

Cohen is already tainted from his own transgressions so everything he says is suspect but regardless i dont care. I do think the collusion talk is nonsense

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It's almost sad to watch the deniers at this point.

Basically the entire campaign team has been indicted or is cooperating at this point.

superfob and Harrisment like this.
  17. DaDakota

They are lying to themselves - nothing that happens will convince the tin hat wearing crowd.

Let them go back to being the silent minority that they are....

DD

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

Manafort joined the campaign in March of 2016 but was elevated to campaign manager in June. The rest of what you posted is just nonsense, the FBI raided his office and hotel and likely found incriminating evidence that forced him to cooperate with the special counsel or spend the rest of his days in prison like Manafort is going to. Obviously I'm just speculating because I'm sensible enough to not pretend like I know everything that's going on behind the scenes, unlike you and some others here...

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

trump's response to Cohen's revelations: "он лжец"

saying the Putin meeting was still on before boarding his flight and cancelling mid flight show's he's guilty or at least rattled AF

plus this nugget: "Even if he was right, it doesn't matter. I was running my business. ... I wasn't trying to hide anything."

So Cohen's latest testimony are true after all

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Papa John

Papa John Member

we are getting real close to the "are you sure you are you and I am me" argument.

Its play by play from the script. Its uncanny :
    That didn’t happen.

And if it did, it wasn’t that bad.

And if it was, that’s not a big deal.

And if it is, that’s not my fault.

And if it was, I didn’t mean it.

And if I did…

You deserved it.

You deserve govt shutdown if we dont build the wall and you deserve higher oil prices if we dont suck saudi arabias dick

FranchiseBlade likes this.