1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the CP3 contract already a negative contract?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Nov 9, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never liked it. I hope he proves me wrong, but so far he hasn't shown to me he is worth that much. He couldn't stay healthy last year and this year he isn't scoring enough for that kind of money. We are paying him 2nd in the league of his experience, leadership, and mentoring, but not because he is the 2nd highest scorer in the league. I like Paul, and love his leadership and dedication, but think that HUGE salary might have been better served on a different player or two in the years to come. We really need more than Harden and Clint to consistently score at a decent FG percentage.

#41 deb4rockets, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Mazulis and Corrosion like this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He clearly has, but maybe he miraculously turns it around.

No RS games are meaningless.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol how does 1/2 of an apple is equal to 2/4 of the same apple

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol steph and klay went onto a month long streaks shooting around 15-20% from 3... were they old then you would have proclaimed them as declined
    i didnt watched OKC game but other than that cp3 is equally good like the last year he is just pacing himself and couldnt care less about regular season

5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

I'm worried, but I just don't think a decline like this could be due to age alone. Has to be some sort of injury, though injuries do come hand-in-hand with age.

Sucks that we don't have Knight right now. We need another guard who can take over while CP gets his body right

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow ! really?
    cf and the media told me we really didnt win anything last year by winning 65 RS games

now that the rockets are taking it easy and coasting through rs , then suddenly and out of blue these games are important?!
    very strange, which way it is?

HP3 likes this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It's a $40M/yr contract. What do you think? Comparables:

LeBron: $35.65M
    Stef Curry: $37M
    Kevin Durant: $26M

It was bloated when they signed it, and its even more bloated now. We'd absolutely have to throw in assets. But who on the Rockets is considerably UNDERpaid?

In short, never say never, but it would require an act of genius, in my mind, to trade CP3 without it being a blow it all up move.

Mazulis, Corrosion and 1Deep like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So far yes.....he is SIGNIFICANTLY slower, started to slow down noticably last season....

DD

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He is fine.... he will be fine... it is still early in the season... and obviously he needs aome time off to heal. The bigger issues lie in the fact that there is no one reliable for him to pass the ball to. Ennis is streaky.. melo is melo... mcw sucks and harden is coming off an injury.... teams have also figured capella out... either mda gets a new offence or we get new players that can play into the offense.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

didnt notice it...have you been to the eye doctor recently?... perhaps you are the one regressing ..if i recall well you are cca twice cp3 age, right ?

HP3 likes this.
  11. Vestax

Vestax Member

Being currently at the 12th seed with one of the highest paid player who's prone to injuries is not promising at all. It'll be a struggle.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is a gross oversimplification...but i guess you like to be negative about things in your life...

HP3 likes this.
  13. Vestax

Vestax Member

And your response is an overreaction. Instead of being hurt, try to be realistic.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well there you go.

I wasn't saying that, stop putting words in my mouth.

KlutchQT likes this.
  15. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

what is your point of Paul/4 picks for Butler and Teague?

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

way too early to be talking about CP3’s demise...

the man currently has shooting splits of 39/27/78...c’mon now, those are falling off a cliff percentages...CP3 has not fallen off a cliff and hit some steep decline all of the sudden

lol, in preseason we had threads like this with everyone singing CP3’s praises

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/chris-paul-is-stupidly-good.293607/

CP3 will start playing much better, u can book that

#56 Reeko, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    HP3, YOLO and Deuce like this.
  17. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

CP3 can't play in this offense. Its too fast past for him and his body is starting to break down. The point of the offense is get down the court as quickly as possible so you can score before the defense set up. I don't think Chris can do that or most of the rockets. Harden with iso play just ice his teammate.

18. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

This is like John Stockton or Steven Nash having a bad couple games. His elbow is bothering him, obviously, because his recent play is uncharacteristic of CP3. He'll be fine. It's Melo I'm worried about.

HP3 likes this.
  19. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

I would understand the shots not falling, but this is not playin' hard at all...Harden take that rock back an do what you do.. this your team run this mf.. let's see what Chris gonna do in the next few weeks.

20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

These isolation plays are wearing them down. And this system is forcing CP3 into a three pointer shooter he really never was. It's cool to focus on 3's but there has be alternate plans in place in case shots aren't falling. Rockets aren't playing to their strengths. They all have to adapt to a system instead of a system being tailored for them.