1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. CACH12

CACH12 Member

They arent good picks, richardson, a 1st round pick and whatever filler is better than the 4 picks

justtxyank likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Miami isn't offering Richardson. Why would they?

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I disagree this is one of those beside the road touristy places.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They shouldn't now. Riley ended up caving and Thibs' greediness cost him there

If the Rockets keep losing and that could happen if Paul or Harden miss extended time, making a deal with Minnesota becomes less likely for sure. I don't think that will happen though. Rockets are about to turn a corner. :p

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not sure if posted

6. csc177

csc177 Member

EG and PJ?? Thibs can kiss my a$$.

Tillman/Morey should move on, enough dealing with this clown. Butler will create more drama the longer this plays out - I hope Riley/Morey stand pat on their offers, and let Thibs run Minnesota to the ground, which should trigger his inevitable firing.

cbs1507 and LabMouse like this.
  7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why do you give up four 1st round drafts for a half year rental player?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Because it's not a rental?

Mathloom and jch1911 like this.
  9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

cyberbomb this morning o nah?

10. ROXTXIA

Who knows if there is any truth to this. But if it were the case, I'd give them Brandon Knight as well, some picks (but not four), and take back Taj Gibson (who would likely leave them anyway). That way we won't miss Tucker's D so much.

Again, truth? Or is the guy reciting another "Insider"'s postings?

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Where is evidence for this?

I heard that he is likely going to go to NY.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5 year portions?

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

It depends on who is making the call.

Also, why are you so certain that the Heat are going to offer a guy that is averaging 20/5, is 4 years younger and will make 1/3 of what Butler will make over the next 3 seasons..... for Jimmy Butler?

14. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

4 first rounders are better than a Richardson trade (you would have a lot of ammo in future deals)

15. ROXTXIA

Again, why would they offer Richardson? Kid's turning into a stud this season. He won't be offered. (Unless Riley has gone senile.)

I really don't think they'd be so dumb. Richardson is a guy you pair with Butler, not give up for Butler.

JoeBarelyCares, BigMaloe and Nook like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They'd need to use 2 of those first rounders just to dump Dieng. Of the 4 1sts we'd be offering they'd be hoping that one of them was a lottery pick.

17. Nook

Nook Member

It depends on the direction you want to take your franchise in.

Josh Richardson is better than Eric Gordon, so he is likely the best player being offered for Butler and that may be enough to persuade the Wolves to accept the deal.

The Rockets draft picks have value, especially the last 1-2 of them as they are wildcards. However, how much do Thibs and Taylor value picks that will come to fruition when they are 85 and 65?

The Rockets intend to get involved in a Butler deal, whether it is for Butler or as part of a larger deal. I know that the Rockets have discussed making the Butler deal a multi team deal with more pieces moving from the Rockets and other pieces coming in.

We just have to wait and let it play out.

BigMaloe, Deuce, whiskeyred and 4 others like this.
  18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

4 first rounders are lots, CP3 is older, and slow, Harden is not young anymore. Two of 4 first rounders could be very good picks on that time.

19. rocket43

rocket43 Member

At this point it just seems like Thibs is just f**kin with us to create a bad team chemistry for us with these trade rumors. And it's working. Meanwhile, the wolves are starting to gel.

20. Nook

Nook Member

If the Wolves decide to take the route of dealing Dieng, that it would likely take two picks to deal him unless that take back a sizable contract in return. Still, that doesn't really have anything to do with the Rockets or their offer. That is a screw up made by the Wolves and it is up to them to fix it.

What I do know is that the Wolves are not particularly anxious to deal Butler to Houston, where he can make the deal look bad for Taylor often over the next few years. Thibs when he was the coach of the Chicago Bulls said he did not like dealing within his conference. So as a starting point we know that the Rockets offer has to be more than a little better than everyone else's to get Butler.

FWIW at this point I have heard ZERO traction on the Rockets getting Butler for Knight, Chriss and 4 x 1. Everything I have been told has involved at least Eric Gordon and quite possibly a third or fourth team involved with draft picks involved.