1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

official: 2001 ROckets best team not to make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by across110thstreet, Apr 17, 2001.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I just heard this statistic on the post game show:
    Since the 16 team playoff format was made in 82-83, the 200-2001 HOuston Rockets have the best record of a team that did not make the playoffs.

45-37, not too shabby.
    minnesota, i really hate you
    [​IMG]

------------------
    "Playing with Steve makes my job so much easier, "He's such a complete player. He has some great moves and shoots from the outside and in the post. We communicate well on the floor." - Hakeem Olajuwon

"It's great to have that inside-outside balance," Francis said. "We've tried to get that all season, with Hakeem and me clicking at the same time.

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Blame it on Wally Scuzzbag. It's his fault. Damn pure shooting sh**head!

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

Protrolls.com!

3. across110thstreet

(howsweetitis)

------------------
    "Playing with Steve makes my job so much easier, "He's such a complete player. He has some great moves and shoots from the outside and in the post. We communicate well on the floor." - Hakeem Olajuwon

"It's great to have that inside-outside balance," Francis said. "We've tried to get that all season, with Hakeem and me clicking at the same time.

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Hows Wee Titis? [​IMG]

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

5. across110thstreet

Im having trouble with my HowSwee.
    i have howswee-titis.

worse than halotosis

------------------

6. Heath

Heath Member

If Wolves lose their last game against Mavs tomorrow we where only 1 win from making the playoffs. If we had won the season-opener at Compaq vs Wolves or the other game in Minnesota we would be there and not the Wolves. But then again if Wolves win tomorrow we'd been 4* games out.

*) 4 if a Wolves win is not 1 of them.

------------------
    We can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If the Rockets had won the season opener against the Wolves, they may have lost the next game against the Bucks. If something had changed during the season, the entire outcome may have been different.

------------------

8. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, I know - it was just to illustrate how close we were.

------------------
    We can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.

9. nalgar

nalgar Member

I really don't see anything negative for this season overall.

The Rockets improved tremendously over last year and that is with Hakeem mostly in the injured list and with Mo Taylor on his 1st season with the Rockets.

The record against the West is dismal though but that part is just mental. They just seem too excited whenever they play a Western Conference team.

They are the new kids on the block and the pressure of needing to beat the Western teams really gets into them. Hopefully they'll adjust to that next year.

47 wins, that's a major accomplishment for a very young team whose franchise player is only in his 2nd year.

Don't hate Minnesota too much. The Rockets just beat them 2 times in a row. We might own them next season and everybody else in the West.

------------------

10. edc

edc Contributing Member

It's those Clippers losses that send me screaming into the night. [​IMG]

------------------

11. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

Im with you edc...the Clippers losses and the one to NJ really bug the hell outta me...especially when we wind up so close. Damn. [​IMG]

------------------

12. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

People, relax and enjoy the offseason (gimme a break! [​IMG] ). It's been a great season despite missing the playoffs. [​IMG]

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

so, we where the worst team that ever won a championship (6th seed). now we are the best team that didn't make the playoffs.

i love this team! [​IMG]

------------------