1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Not the same group"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2015.

1. basketballholic

No.

We are 1-3. But there are extenuating circumstances.

And yes, we're probably going to have to make a major trade or two to be as good or better than last year. But I think we make those deals.

Our major risk to the season.is one or more of Harden, Paul, or Tucker going down with injury for extended time. If that happens we're in some trouble. But if those three guys stay relatively healthy and we get our trade(s) done then we'll be gelling great by the playoffs.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We screwed up the chemistry.

DD

BaselineFade and daywalker02 like this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is little doubt in my mind the Rockets will dip this season.

Morey has to shake things up with an in-season trade if the Rockets are to make a deep run again.

saleem likes this.
  4. Asian Sensation

He will. He always does.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you show us the playoffs in the era before that ? The newest newbs need to know

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We’ll pick it up after a bit, but being in the hunt for the best record seems like a stretch.

Can’t wait to make our run.

gatsby, hakeem94, daywalker02 and 3 others like this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

What I’m still baffled about is how DM signed a bunch of $1 million dollar players over 1 $4 million player.
    I think Jerry Bus said it best when he said “I rather have 1 ten-karat diamond than 10 one-karat diamonds”.
    The 1 karat diamonds are,
    Ennis
    MCW
    Green
    Carmelo
    These 4 players makeup over $10 million of cap while LRMM only got $4 million.
    Ariza got $15 million but we chose not to retain him bc of course Tilman is a cheap scumbag who I see tearing down this franchise with his ongoing $1 menu.
    I know Ariza got $15 million and maybe too much for him but he was still a very important part of our team along with what LRMM brought to the table.
    Capela I thought we should’ve moved on from and maybe gone after a cheaper C like DJ who made it known that he would’ve taken a pay cut to play in HOU.
    I honestly don’t see this team getting any better unless we trade for Butler and hopefully get Ariza in the buyout market and resign him next season to back up or start him next to Butler.

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Jimmy Butler
    PJ
    Capela or DJ

Trevor off the bench sounds way better than whatever TF clown show we got going now.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

I don't post often, but Spec's has some really nice cognacs right now.

Game 1 they got smoked. Pellies are good and Anthony Davis always gives us trouble -- no real surprise there. Harden took over after the impromptu intermission in Game 2 -- good win in a raucous atmosphere.

Paul's absence was obviously a huge detriment in games 3 and 4, but they had a shot in both games. If Harden stayed in against Utah, I think they would have pulled it out.

There have been missteps. Carmelo has looked uncomfortable (only began playing confidently against Utah). The numbers don't necessarily show it, but Clint has a serious case of KelvinCatosis right now -- it seems like a lack of focus. MCW starting was a disaster and I can't wait until Brandon Knight heals up.

Overall, the timing seems off, particularly on defense. More court time with a full rotation will help. I'm not ready to panic yet, because these losses aren't against bottom feeders. They have 78 games left -- as long as they can avoid catastrophic injuries, I have faith that they will work things out.

9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah, what a douche. He should go into bankruptcy just to please you. After all, he owes you everything.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Ty Lawson/McHale/Howard season is not this season. There was serious internal chemistry issues.

That is not this season. The team chemistry is tight. The problems are more on the court. They have work to do, for sure. But they would be 3-1 if CP is out there in my opinion.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

THIS AINT THE SAME FKN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That team was a whole fluke and we know that, this team can do it! Stop comparing that year to this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Last year's CP3-less team would crush this year's version. Luc & Ariza on EGO & Melo? Energetic & explosive Capela on out-of-breath Capela? O lawd, easy $. NEXT.

[​IMG]

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

if i see one more #runitback, i'm gonna lose my mind. Run what back? not the same team.

we need to keep tinkering until we are better than last year, not delude ourselves into believing we're gonna be right back where we were last year with the same team.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Capela is the single biggest surprise to me.
    1. Pulling a Cato?
    2. Sad as in feels underpaid? (!?)
    3. Sad as in he misses Bzd coach or Trevor?

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we definitely didn't underpay him
    especially the way he's playing now

Aruba77 and s3ts like this.
  19. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

not sure I would consider 2016 a playoff upset, we were supposed to be the 8th seed with Harden playing point, losing Howard, and getting a new coach. We exceeded all expectations and weren't even considered to be in the second round of the playoffs before the year began. I think they projected us to win 41 games, can't remember.

BUT I see your point lol FINAL 2020 LETS GO

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Kelvin Catosis. Perfect.