1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Carmelo is trash!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 22, 2018.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You must be blind cause you aren't watching the games.

Watch how Melo always gets scored on. He gives up dribble penetration like nothing causing the defense to breakdown or he is caught ball watching. Harden does this all the time. Which is why having both Harden/Melo on the floor at the same time is a death knell.

I don't care if you give "effort", if you suck. I can go out there on the court and give 110% too, doesn't mean I'll be helping the team.

He also does not have a pure J. He's always been a streaky shooter. He has had some of the worst bricks of any Rocket this season.

Carmelo anthony sucks and brings nothing valuable to the team.

JBAC123, kevtse and hakeem94 like this.
  2. macan

macan Member

he's doing what ariza did for us last season..waiting at the 3 point line..except that he can't defense like ariza..
    MDA doing him wrong, should give melo more touch on the weak side and let him iso his defender..that way he could score more at least. he's one of the capable scorer in this team and we don't have a lot of them...

3. hakeemthagreat

Meanwhile the same ppl calling Melo trash after 2 games will vouch for DMo returning or Zhou Qi getting more pt. Nothing to see here

hakeem94, HP3 and don grahamleone like this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's your trash, but he's my treasure. Start Melo!

This is actual trash:
    [​IMG]

This is Melo:

[​IMG]

#24 don grahamleone, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

and the people that were so sure of themselves about melo and ready to serve that crow are continuing to find any excuse they can.

but everyone knows whose fault it is no matter what. It's westbrook's

Reeko likes this.
  6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They take Melo too seriously.

I admit those lofty expectations of 18-20 ppg are unrealistic. 13-15 ppg would be great now.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

I disagree with this(on some level), but then again I also didnt have a seething hatred for Ryan Anderson, what can you do.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Sorry my guy, but his isos involve post ups and mid range 2s, that is not what we do.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

more like

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Will Carmelo spend the entire year (/another year) telling us how "challenging & difficult" it is?

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

At least we got rid of Anderson's contract, but no doubt, Anderson had better range. Melo shoots just inside the pt. 3 line while Anderson shoots 3 feet back from the 3pt line.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

It’s gonna take time for a new team to gel. Have you ever started a job, joined a team, and everything ran smoothly for you? We’re 3 games in. It’s only a matter of time till these guys start trusting each other. It wasn’t the offense or defense that got them to 65 wins. It was communication.

14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Naaaaa, tell harden that when he first joined the rockets on 30 points triple double. If this old dude that has been in the league for 15+ years cant even find his game, he's done for.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I think Melo will be okay after the upcomming 18 game win streak

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

touche' ... that's how it seems thus far. Great rebounding and brick laying.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's not trash trash like Ennis and Mcw

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I never liked Melo, except to watch that SWEET shot of his. However, I'm also pleasantly surprised by these first few games. He's worked hard on the boards and tried more on defense than Harden. I almost think Melo would get more open looks if he started.

However, part of the problem is Capela learning to pass out of the post to the corners--he's missed multiple wide open guys. Nene is good at this and I'm not sure why he isn't getting any minutes. He dressed last night, but didn't play.

We're only 3 games in and I think we'll figure it out.

19. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Dont worry honestly i think there will be trades because this is not going to work. The outside shooting is not consistent. The interior defense is not consistent even with Capela in the line up. That small lineup is supposed to make defenses pay due to our speed and quickness.... But that's not the case. Things have been very sluggish and it doesnt seem that it will be fixed by time

20. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Please get rid of this trash and CANCER!!!!!!!! It's spreading nonstop!