1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets throw in Thicc Tucker in a deal for Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets throw in Thicc Tucker in a deal for Butler?

1. Yes throw him in!

17.1%
  2. No, lets stay T H I C C

82.9%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

basing the decision off some random preseason game is laughable, especially against one of the worst west teams

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd say its morey refusing to include PJ which isn't surprising to me at all and hes doing all these other scenarios trying to make it work. If PJ was included, minny would of done the trade already.

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Thanks @Codman once again.

Whatever happens, there is no worst case scenario for the Rockets. We're in a strong position to compete no matter what.

I do feel that if Morey prevails, the winning formula in snatching JB comes from the cap relief part of the deal, that's a game where DM has the most magical touch, arguably than any other GMs in the league.

The best case scenario for me would be getting JB without letting go Tucker, and getting the both Taj and Tyus. Hard to imagine this materializes, but who knows what a red hot aggressive Morey is capable of doing anyways.

DonKnock and saleem like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, the chemistry on the Rockets right now is excellent. So Morey has to tread lightly. Any moves that cut into the core better be for BIG improvements and not marginal gains. I agree that Tucker has to be kept in the current scenario.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

He's been friends w/ CP since childhood, and already known Melo & James before he got here. Why exactly would we need Butler over PJ? PJ was definitely a difference maker against GS. His ability to guard 5 positions allowed us to match up with them & give other teams problems. He's also NEVER injured. Please explain the reason we'd give him up for Butler again?

6. Rockets4Life13

You probably should, in the end, butler is a star player.

But no doubt id love to keep tucker. He's a perfect role player for the team

DonKnock likes this.
  7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

God bless @Codman. Thank you brother. We're pulling for you to get well...

saleem, D-rock, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rergardless of Melo, is your "ear" suggesting Morey might pull the trigger without having a green light from Tilman to later use Butler's Bird Rights to the fullest. That is, you seem to be saying that your "ears" consider this a one-year rental only?

Can we get confirmation of that? To me, that is a more important inside look to Morey than who he trades.

malakas, DonKnock and Deuce like this.
  9. High Vibrationz

Remember last year wen half of the fan base did not want melo and prefered ryno? Were did that take us ? ,the big picture is to not just compete with the warriors ,which i believe this roster can do ,but its to defeat the warriors ,remember golden state did alot of maneuvering to fit kd ,and then also added boogie this year,if u have to add pj to get butler u do it,btw on the interior pj is overated while i must say on the perimeter pj is good defensively, go look up his defensive field goal percentage,its at a 49% which is bad for a defensive player that equivalent to the likes of gerald green which is a bad defensive player ,but wat do i know ,i kno to much bastball for you guys,

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Lhutz?

Rashmon, today and DonKnock like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, PJ' s offensive stats looked very mediocre in the regular season and in Toronto, Phoenix.

But he was the best role player in the playoffs not named Capela who is a rising star and Gordon who had a knack for scoring.

His production went up from 8-9 pts in the RS to 12 ppg in the playoffs and that goes for all the other stats as well.

In comparison someone like Harden's playoff stats were worse at times than his regular season stats.

Overrated? Nope, but sure he brings a lot of other things than an Allstar for a cheaper price.

And he is no Diva, on the contrary, he bleeds for our team.

Oh yeah, I can understand bringing in Butler as well, but that seemed to be a longer shot.

He can always come back after being traded, but he deserves to be in the Finals!

#91 daywalker02, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  12. BigBum

BigBum Member

No,

Ask the 3rd team for help ......

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Absolutely not. Aside from being "the heart" of the team, One of Tucker's biggest assets is his ability to defend larger players in the paint. He's THICC for a good reason.

saleem likes this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

our team is fine no butler

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I was listening to Dunc'd On this morning and they thought Tolliver was a bad fit in Thibs offense. They were under the impression that he shot too many threes. *Morey and MDA both faint*:eek:

#95 DonKnock, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ironically Tuck is out with back pain right now lol. But he would probably play if it was regular season, yes.

We really are in a no-lose situation here, which is why Morey can afford to play it conservatively.

Last year, he didn't want to include Trez in a deal for Chris Paul, but he knew that at the end of the day he was getting Chris Paul...

Now we are in a position of stability and we can upgrade if it will help but don't need to.

Our team is also so good that no acquisition is going to make the difference of LeBron returning to the Cavs. Everything is going to be a slight upgrade for the most part because when you are this good is is increasingly difficult to improve.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Which is funny because the Wolves ear marked their FULL MLE 6M to get him in FA.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. macan

macan Member

i'm against giving up on both EG and THICC

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Probably due to it being difficult to get FA's to sign there in general.

20. hakeemthagreat

I like Trez. But Trez isn't no PJ. It's not a no-lose situation because we can trade for Jimmy Butler, and he get injured, he doesn't fit the chemistry or possibly chokes in the postseason. The way PJ plays he's guaranteed to give us 100% effort & defense at all 5 positions. That's why you can't trade him for another guard who's injury prone & slight diva