1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reuters: Drug Smuggler Rumbled by Call of Nature

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by olliez, Jan 15, 2004.

1. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Stone me if this has been posted

====================================

Drug Smuggler Rumbled by Call of Nature

BERLIN (Reuters) - The untimely bowel movements of a man arrested with mar1juana at an airport yielded German crime fighters an unexpected haul of 54 condoms containing cocaine, authorities said on Thursday.

"It's pretty silly to get caught carrying hard drugs because you've got a tiny amount of mar1juana on you," said a spokeswoman for prison authorities in Berlin.

After police discovered the two grams of mar1juana, a check revealed an outstanding international arrest warrant for the 51-year-old man for drug-related offences.

But they were unaware he was carrying a kilogram of cocaine, estimated at 120,000 euros ($152,400).

"The man had the condoms in his stomach and after a certain period of time his bowels passed them out again. I don't know why he didn't flush them down the toilet, perhaps he needed to keep them," the spokeswoman said.

The man hid the excreted condoms in his clothes, where prison authorities later found them.

==============================================

I don't know coke is THAT cheap nowadays !