1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. hakeemthagreat

Define "bum"? Because his career stats don't describe a bum

D-rock likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not only is it Donte Green 2.0, it's also:
    • Gary Payton Jr. 2.0
    • Nick Johnson 2.0
    • Kyle Wiltjer 2.0
    • Scott Machado 2.0
    • Daequan Cook 2.0
    • Courtney Fortson 2.0
    • Mike Harris 2.0
    • Will Conroy 2.0

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Not a fan. Anderson’s contract was a problem and we dealt with most of it. Why trade now whenever it would actually become something of an asset by the deadline?

To get back a guy that is basically Ryan Anderson?? He’s hurt, he performed poorly and doesn’t play d

And a lottery pick that’s already been given up?

And all it cost was a player that’s definitely would’ve helped in keeping cp3 legs rested and healthy. Ryan Anderson will have cost us two shots at a title. Sign and trade for failed former draft picks, give up draft pick that actually looks like a contributor already. To save 10 million.

It’s a bad move. Morey worship and Anderson hate isn’t clouding that up for me.

Little Bit likes this.
  4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

That’s how I view it as well. If Chriss looks like Capela lite with all the lobs and shows enough you could do a Gordon/Capela or Gordon/Chriss for a Butler type at the deadline.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I believe Bill simmons said it on his podcast, but this post-summer league portion of the year isn’t only the NBA’s dead zone for transactions because everyone’s on vacation. It’s also dead because teams all tend to be sitting pretty on their draft picks that they just acquired and spent a month of summer league hyping up.

If regular GM’s are overvaluing newly drafted players, then to Morey that’s a market inefficiency. We’ve seen him trade these guys multiple times. Donte Green for Artest. Jeremy Lamb and others for Harden. Now Melton for Knight, Chriss, and the ability to unload Ryno.

Hui, Smacktle, seeingred and 15 others like this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Excellent points.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao so true.

lilbird20, luckyman76 and Williamson like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock and amaru like this.
  10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Man, F the Warriors. They--of all teams--have the least right to be pissed about personnel moves.

Smacktle, D-rock, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

GM Bootay Call

jch1911 and Bids9 like this.
  12. rocketseagles07

Morey did it again I agree... gs should be pissed? El oh el... they probably had a good laugh at that

13. mockster

mockster Member

But clutchfans experts tell me That Anderson bloated contract is way more tradeable and that we lost the trade?. Lol

D-rock, luckyman76 and lionaire like this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t think it was a great trade nor a bad one. But you lose your argument automatically when referring to Melton as “definitely” someone that would have helped. You don’t know that. I doubt you even knew who he was before the draft. And I definitely know that our front office and coaching staff know a lot more about him than you do.

D-rock and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not sure why anyone thinks we lose this trade?

We need to win right now, not hope for some prospect like Melton to be a solid rotational player at best. Yall way overrate some of these dudes, he showed off...in Summerleague.

Only way we lose this trade is if Melton turns out to be a starting level player right away. We have an aging roster and need to win now. As in, right now, right this season. It may take Melton 3-4 years to be a good player and by then how old is Chris Paul?

16. Rahul1103

Rahul1103 New Member

Suns fell in love with Ryno after he posterized them! ;)

Bids9 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve never seen summer league play gassed up like this...most didn’t even know who he was before the draft, and then after summer league, there’s all these comments about how he’s untouchable and gonna be a stud

Was he the 46th pick in the draft or the 6th pick? I can’t tell.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And we traded him for an #8 overall pick 21 years old.

Maybe he's a bust but personally I'd rather roll the dice on Marquese than Melton...especially since Marquese fills more of a hole for us.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

sigh, yea I guess you are right. Damn man, I'm really not to fond of Chriss at all, he seems uhh....well not promising.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Not too high on Chriss but I think we'll be able to make him look better than he really is and bait some teams into wanting him