1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Per Woj : Melo expected to come off the bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Moahst

Moahst Member

I don't really understand who is starting over Melo with this current roster. Who is the better switch defender, Melo or Anderson?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

please read the posts in the actual thread. itll answer your question

3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

He's good it's just one ball!! he can come off the bench when Harden sits and do his thing!

4. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

We're getting Butler!

5. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

MELO WINS 6th man of the year!!! MARK IT. JK

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'll believe it when I see it. Hard to imagine, even though it would give us two near-All-Star level guys coming off the BENCH. :eek:

forchette49 likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty solid. The hope then would be to land a center in the buyout market, because Nene is definitely washed up.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This doesn't specify who is doing the 'expecting'. Morey? D'Antoni? Melo? Chris Paul? James Harden? Fans? Woj? Skip Bayless? H-Town Melo?

9. The Greyhound 33

Melton
    MCW
    Ennis
    Melo
    Qi
    :eek::eek:

10. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I can't see Melo and Anderson playing together. That would be a disaster for sure.

I think this means there is a deal in place to trade Anderson, filler and picks for a starter (likely a similar bad contract).

Batum, Bazemore, Porter, Johnson/Waiters, Henson/Snell, etc...

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can play bench minutes while being a starter.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I sure hope it works out that way. Not many people here have confidence in Ennis, but I can see him filling the void Ariza left admirably.

My only concern would be the matchups that Tucker has to face against the bigs of the West. That wear and tear throughout the season could really take a toll on him in the long run.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'll believe it when I see it as well. The Rockets may initially want him to do it or envision that he does it, but that may not be reality at the end of the day, especially when camp starts and they actually get to see him play with the team. I'd be shocked if Tucker starts over him, been saying it for a long time.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I try to gauge all my Melo news by how the Melo caravan of hecklers: @Reeko, @YOLO, @Zboy, @J.R., and @J Sizzle react to it.

I'm confused if you guys like this news or not.

16. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

"expected" That is the operative word....Woj is reporting what the overwhelming consensus around the league thinks ......you know, like the overwhelming consensus last year felt Harden and Paul wouldn't work and Rockets couldn't compete with the Warriors. I will wait until I hear it from Coach, but it doesn't matter either way to me because I believe Morey's constant pursuit of Melo is warranted. We get melo for the Min.....HOW in the rabbit as hell can this be negative? Oh yea, it's Rockets lol

They only reason i can see him not starting is if coach believes a starting line up of
    Capela
    PJ
    HARDEN
    Gordon
    Paul

Would be a better line up, other than that......I "expect" Melo to start, but "expect" means nothing without confirmation.

Maybe we will hear coach verify or deny during the press conference.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

PJ Tuckers starting spot isn't in jeopardy. It never was. no idea why theres posts thinking he is coming off the bench for this team. Unless people didn't watch what his impact was once he was put in the starting lineup

Richie_Rich, Mathloom and RudyTBag like this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

No way it's happening, not with the current roster. Anyway it doesn't matter who starts, it matters who finish

19. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

whatever happens, i just hope to see the denver melo show up in our uniform, instead of the knicks or OKC melo, we need all he can contribute to win anything

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

1) Melo fans say it does not matter who starts..

2) ...and then say he should start.

[​IMG]

Mathloom and YOLO like this.