1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kellerman] Rockets just got worse, not better, with the addition of Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 8, 2018.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I agreed with SAS

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo will be the starting SF or PF, how is he replacing Ryno, a bench guy who is barely clinging to the rotation?

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He's been working with his trainer C. Brickley this offseason, even before he "verbally commited" to join us.

Also, he has been socialzing with OUR guys outside of the court. I'm not too worried about Melo getting his hands dirty with our guys in the near future (sans the CP3 workout).

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Oxymoron: 'a good Kellerman (or Herd) thread'.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey it gives us and the rest of the country some NBA talk in August.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Melo will score 18-20 a game. Not sure what you’re talking about here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nobody else is taking any shots in that video. so yeah, looks pretty accurate

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this time we gonna crush the league again

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

At first I thought you meant shots at the fashion event.

But you were talking about shots in the gym.

Could go either way...... so....... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. hakeemthagreat

Face it. Certain players are despised by the mainstream media. Dwight, Melo, KD etc..Are all players that no matter what they do will always get negative press. Lebron, Steph & WB will always get positive slanted stories. Every clip I've seen this month of Melo has been "Will Melo accept his role off the bench?" or "Is Melo washed up". Whoever confirmed the Rockets are telling him to come off the bench? The story was they discussed a possibility of him coming off the bench as a 6th man. But the media ran with this and hasn't stopped. How about they talk about why Lebron quit on the Cavs and faked a hand injury to distract from getting swept? Ofcourse not. I honestly think these media guys get paid to push certain narratives about certain players

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

organized mass communication spreaders creating a treacherous secret plot

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

At what point in the season will they flip sides? That's how the show works, right? Two hosts pick opposite sides and fiercely debate?

13. hakeemthagreat

Secret plot? It's actually not that hard to grasp. Jordan certainly kept a few media ppl in pocket and this was in the 90's. So I'm not sure why this would be so far fetched in 2018. The biggest stars are basically walking corporations. Be confused if you wish

14. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Exactly and he'll have a good number of shots. Harden and CP3 could care less about how much they score. The beauty is those are two guys that will pass first and make the right play. They don't have to nor want to score to be effective like WB and PG. Picture all those wide open shots ariza and luc got and replace it with melo. As long as melo is hitting, it's money.

Defensively, I know melo isn't great but he's serviceable. With tucker and capela there, I'm not too worried. Of course there will be an adjustment period. Roster wise, Melo will do everything we wanted anderson to do. Rotation wise, I'm sure they'll be able to find something that works to replicate our defensive success from last season.

15. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I don´t think Harden is THAT guy you are claiming to be. MAYBE NOW after he won the MVP he will be more willing to be the pass first guy.
    Otherwise yes, he is unselfish but not to the point of being ok scoring only 15 or less points a game. He wanted to be at the top MVP balloting, and to do that, he knows he needs to score too.

16. macan

macan Member

looks like SAS wants to be our guy this year..we had a good run max kell..

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Melo will handle it better than Cousins will.

RocketsFan247 and A_3PO like this.
  18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Melo will score the easiest 18-20ppg he's ever had. His Minutes will be aligned with CP3 (30-32). Probably his most efficient season of his career and the media is out here talking about excepting his "bench" role lolol It's embarrassing. If you get your information from the same people that said Mike D'antoni was a bad hire, James can't play point, Rockets will finish below OKC (twice in a row), CP3 and James can't play together, Rockets can't compete with warriors and Melo will not work because he's washed up....then you're apart of the punch line. Why would you listen to same asshats that are wrong about YOUR team annually?? It's US against the system, embrace it. Don't argue with people who don't watch your team! Take notes...take names and once our team proves them wrong.....raise your petty levels to 8.5 and set it as the bare minimum. I keep mine at 10 for convenience. They are wrong every year....this will be sweet, because they pretty much counted this season as a wash because of Cancer Cousins. When we beat them in 6 games in the WCF this season, many will try and save face.......don't let them. Save your fire for then.

Deuce, Erbnwarfare, IvanLCPM and 6 others like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure if melo will handle it well, but cousins for sure needs minutes to get that MAX contract next summer and will for sure b**** if he's stuck on the bench

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well said.

sjackson0 likes this.