1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roger Clemens thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by chevytruck, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well, I wish that ST would be in a Broncos uniform, but there is no way that he lasts past pick #10 - he should be gone within the first 5 picks. I would like to see him with the Texans if he can't be on the Broncos.

But in the 20 years I have followed Miami, Sean Taylor is the best defensive player that school has ever seen - better than Sapp, better than Ray Lewis, and better than anyone else. Twice the player that Ed Reed is and Ed is a hoss, in his own right.

Hmm, maybe I should be the President of the Sean Taylor Fan Club!:D :D

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

77 Ray Borque

3. adrian

adrian Member

It's a good day for Houston sports fans, having Roger Clemens in an Astros uniform is going to be fantastic.

BTW, on a side note, Roger Clemens will be dropping the puck at the Houston Aeros game on Friday, Jan. 16th, if anyone wants to come out and cheer on Roger, you can feel free to contact me at my direct line, (713) 361-7940, I'm a sales associate with the Aeros and can try to get you guys some discounted tickets.

adrian

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It is going to be a topic on PTI soon.

5. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

This season is going to be awesome!

That's all.

6. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

[​IMG]
    dont he just look spiffy!

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Roger Clemens: Your latest Houston Rocket!

AWESOME!!!

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is F'ing sweet!!! :D :D :D

2004 now or never Astros...

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm totally stoked!!! Albeit, I'm not sure nor guaranteed of the outcome. I'm convinced we will make the playoffs or win a playoff series let alone go to the show. This is great for Houston, Astros fans, attendance, watchability, excitement, etc. . Bagwell and Biggio are creaming their pants after our past seasons' moves which were never this good. We all expect great things. Whether we will actually receive them remains to be seen. You just never know. Here's hoping for the best!

I will go out on a limb and say I think we will win more games! This will inevitably result in a playoff appearance. From there, who knows? Anything less than a playoff berth, however, can be seen as failure as far as I'm concerned(unless injuries run rampant). So, this could actually hurt attendance the following season. LOL.

But, HELL YEAH!!! WE GOT THE EYE OF THE TIGERS, BABY!!! HASTA LA VISTA....CHICAGO AND ST. LOUIS!!! LOL!!! WOOHOO!!!

WOOHOO I SAID!!!!

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Oh crap...should have become a contributing member. That third sentence should be "not convinced". LOL.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Or an I-Rod sticky?

Buck - Very funny on the Drayton comment. :) I'll take back 1/2 of what I've said about him. I wonder how Billy Wagner feels?

I think we have one of the most exciting 'Stros years coming up.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Love seeing this....:D

13. Rockets34Legend

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah Taylor will most likely go #6 to Detroit. I was watching the Miami team from 2001 the other day and the talent on that team is just amazing. It was like a minor league nfl team. If you become president of the Sean Taylor fan club then make your boy vice president :D Holla

15. Rockets34Legend

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Is the All Star game in Houston this year? I see that big ol sign out there.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You'd think with the amount of money those guys make, they'd find something better than dingy jeans and tennis shoes to wear to a press conference.

Bagwell looked like he just rolled out of bed, and wore dirty laundry... and he makes 17 million a year.

I guess they can do whatever they want... but its still funny.

Hell, I would think that's sloppy dressing for just my friends, and I know they don't make any money...:D

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yep, it is. anyone know when you can get tickets for the home run derby or if it's even possible to get them? i want some of those bad boys, don't even care where they are.

19. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Found this aspect of the contract interesting -- we get Rocket hanging around the organization for the next 11 years (longer, if he doesn't retire after this season):

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASAp...nt_id=627017&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

20. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

damn...i didn't realize Roger was only about 40k's away from passing Steve Carlton for #2 all time behind Nolan Ryan.