1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ringer: What is going on with the Rockets this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jul 10, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE(S)!
    [​IMG]

LjGarci and Canadiandude like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

meh, could care less about what a bunch of Warriors dick riders think

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So y'all would have rather kept Ariza and LMAM over CP3?

Everyone is overreacting to losing a couple of older guys that fit what we did well. Both were under extremely cap friendly deals that were outweighed by their production. You guys expected that to last forever?

Just like JJ Redick last offseason, Ariza went after the money and so did LMAM... what's wrong with that?

What's even crazier is that free agency isn't even over, sh**, we're merely 3 games into the SL. Y'all need to relax and let these dudes ****** work.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everyone is using the Trump tweet method these days. Just tweet some provocative ish.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

You fools, Morey is allocating all of his resources to signing Foster Mauer Brothers.

topfive and ramotadab like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

You know the funny thing is that if the Rockets had literally done what the Warriors have done, there would be questions around Cousins as a malcontent and the pieces lost as valuable pieces to a championship.

7. Know Your Role

Sigh, Gamble on old players as well.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Did the Warriors lose a starter?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No one was going to bay area before they started winning. I mean Dwight picked us over the bay. NY hasn't got anyone in forever. PG rejected LA. When is the last time chicago has got a FA.

lionaire likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

dwayne wade lol

JBAC123 and ramotadab like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daryl Morey is taking calculated risks. Often times the greatest risk is letting guys go when the simpletons are all shouting to the heavens to re-sign them.

ParaSolid and ramotadab like this.
  12. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

True @Know Your Role, Rockets as of late meaning past 5 years have arguably gotten the top free agents out there for any team for each individual summer. D12, Cp3, Eric Gordon just off the top of my head, not to mention guys like Luc Mbah a moute and PJ Tucker for very reasonable deals.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. Know Your Role

The Warriors brought in Jerry West and other very smart people and turned it around. West always could get the best guys. Chicago is a bigger market and not hated by East and West Coast fans like Texas is, the Bulls will also always be popular because of his Airness. I'm not caught up on PG but I'm assuming they just didn't offer him enough or he didn't want to join another team that won't be able to beat the Warriors.

14. Know Your Role

Yeah i remember, I should clarify. There are free agents like D12, EG and there are FREE AGENTS like Lebron James. I'm talking top 10 players. D12 was not in that category, neither was EG.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Especially since we did trade for Harden at the last minute years ago...

16. mr2evolution

mr2evolution Member

These shows never take into account the whole picture they just look at everything from the outside - I mean are people really expecting to pay Ariza 15m for a year? I can maybe see some head scratching on LRMM but he was MIA when we needed him the most. I really don't think Murray lets these guys walk without a plan - There will be 2 parts to consider this off season a fail, first we don't get anyone significant or helpful by the start of the season and second we don't improve at the trade deadline. If those 2 boxes get checked then I will gladly say we failed this season.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Why we shouldn't panic...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2012/10/27/james-harden-thunder-trade-rockets/1663167/
    Unable to reach agreement on a contract extension with James Harden, the Oklahoma City Thunder traded Saturday one of their key players from last year's NBA Finals team.

The Thunder sent Harden to the Houston Rockets for shooting guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-rounder.

The Rockets will also receive center Cole Adrich, guard Daequan Cook and forward Lazar Hayward.

Harden averaged 16.8 points and 4.1 rebounds last season and was the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year. He then was a member of the U.S. Olympic team that won a gold medal in London.

Martin, 29, averaged 17.1 points in 40 games last season and has been a high-caliber scorer throughout his nine-year career.

Lamb was a first-round pick in June after a two-year career at Connecticut.

The Thunder had until Wednesday to sign Harden to a contract extension beyond this season or likely lose him in free agency. Oklahoma City has already locked up Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook to maximum contracts and have signed Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins to big deals.

18. steveng125

steveng125 Member

If I was playing in this era I would chase all the money I could get because in reality, who's really going to beat the warriors?

19. Know Your Role

I guess I just don't understand why it seems the Rockets get passed over by a lot of top tier free agents. I don't think it's the Rockets management anymore, I don't think it's the city or people, so what's these guys deal? We're so close. CP3 and Harden are both first ballot HOF with more than enough left to win. And they get passed up for Lonzo Ball and Rondo lol? Morey could of cleared room for him. Doesn't make sense to me for Lebron to go to an unsure situation over a potential dynasty.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Phone conversation this morning:

Tilman: "Hey, Daryl, I've been trying to get you all week. What's going on over there?"

Murray: "Can't talk now, Boss. I've been super busy with my new musical. Don't worry, though, I'll be ready when free agent signing begins on August 1."