1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

Why are the Lakers moves stupid? I hate the Lakers as much as the next guy but NONE of their moves have been outrageously stupid this year. Rondo, Lance, McGee and KCP all on one year deals to go along with young talent. They can switch on defense against GSW. Offensively it’s going to be interesting but they’re going to be stout defensively.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets didn't want DMC.

DonKnock, slothy420, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Because they have Lebron with zero shooting around him and they went out and picked almost every single malcontent and knucklehead available.
    They will have a toxic lockeroom and be hardpressed to make the playoffs.
    So if they kicked their capspace down a year so what? A self imploding team without success isn't much appealing to FAs.

BigMaloe, jch1911 and donkeypunch like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because they picked up a 34 year old player who has already played the 18th most minutes in NBA history and put him on a team with absolutely no chance to contend for anything....they are setting themselves up to be the laughing stock of the league this season and to waste the maybe 3 more seasons of Lebron playing at a high level.

It's very much like a 12 year old who not only doesn't know how to drive but can't legally drive wasting all of his parents money leasing a 2 million dollar Bugatti Veyron for 3 years....I mean, why?

DonKnock, malakas and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

OMG They need to shut down the league! It's not fair! (@Os Trigonum)

6. JazzLakerHater

There's now way in hell that Warriors-Lakers isn't the the afternoon matchup.

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

For those ppl operating with 2K mindsets

xaos likes this.
  8. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

The lakers are aiming for the 3rd and 4th year down the road. They know that they would be lucky to get past the first round this coming year. They are waiting for the warriors break down themselves. Either with contract negotiation or career ending injuries, etc.. that’s why Lebron signed a 4 years rather than the normal 1+1. He knows he is not going to be a legit contender this year and maybe not even next year. It will be very hard to say there won’t be ring chaser by the 3rd year down the road. They are retaining the flexibility with rookies/1 year contract just in case anybody worths a max comes along the boat.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I guess....no one thought he would sign with GS.....shoulda taken that 20 mil a year, took a gamble and you lost and now you sign for an easy ring.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When half the team is standing around while Curry and Thompson wonder why the f**k they can't get open off screens anymore I will find it truly wonderful.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I've been browsing other teams forums and was surprised at how I can't find any fans that think we are a serious threat. Most think we will fall off hard this year and that the tax concerns will basically destroy our ability to improve at all.

12. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

i know that mike dantoni is not a fan of his game (or him)

13. mockster

mockster Member

The rockets are idiots if this is true

1. Can play defense
    2. Can rebound
    3. Is tough
    4. Can score inside good
    5. Can hit mid range shots
    6. Can even hit threes

Only downside his crazy antics

Little Bit likes this.
  14. rocketseagles07

It’s like that in my sports chat group. Like I told them this is every year with the rockets

Lost parsons- can’t replace him ariza isn’t as good
    Lost Dwight- can’t replace him capela wont be as good
    Signed CP3- bad fit, only one ball, won’t be good
    Now it’s ariza

What’s crazy is it feels like the players are on board with the fans. Even despite us taking GS to 7 games nobody seems to feel like we’re legit outside of your nba writer like Lowe, Simmons, etc

ArtV and BMoney like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I get that they are looking 3 and 4 years down the road, and that's the problem. As I said, Lebron is already 34 and he's played the 18th most minutes in NBA history already, give him two more seasons at a normal work load and he's in the top 5 all time....just how much do you think he's got left in the tank? Getting Lebron is pointless if you are focusing for a time after he's no longer a top tier player.

I had this conversation earlier but there's never been a player in NBA history that was a top 10 player past the age of 35....even if Lebron becomes the first, you're talking about the Lakers not even trying to contend till he's 36 or 37 and that's just insanity.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can think of a downside.....you know, how he may never play basketball again at even a replacement level given that he's coming off an injury that is a career ender to damn near every basketball player and at best is career altering.

yixiixiy and Zoplicone like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right, most players, fans and general commentators seem to be pretty down on the Rockets.

Deadspin put together an article that said we are worse, which sucks for them because the author wants us to beat the Warriors. One of their core premises is that the author believes that the team is scared of the luxury tax.

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  18. mockster

mockster Member

I can see why because we haven’t made any major moves but I think will still have the same type of succes so they should be scared unless your the warriors

I think people are letting our underwhelming off season forget how good we actually were without anyone else

19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Just like last year... Harden & CP3 can't play together :rolleyes:
    I suspect we will end up adding a Bazemore & Dedmon for Anderson + NGtd.
    That is a 60+ win team - if healthy.
    Also, GSW better hope their health holds. It's unreal their lack of injuries during playoff runs / end of season for starting 5.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Cp3 and boogie hate each other, so wouldn’t have happened