1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did we make an offer to Cousins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

It was a low risk high reward for Golden State. They wont really need him, and Boogie can take the entire season to rehab.

Once the playoffs start though? If we see a 70% Boogie Cousins come March? He will be motivated to rehab, get into shape, and play for a contract in the playoffs. After the All Star break is when this signing will pay off. The Rockets dont have the time or patience to wait on a long shot.

I'm more surprised that the Lakers didnt pull a move.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont worry we can still sign Dwight

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's an inside joke because Cousins was caught on video shooting 3s last year or a few years ago proclaiming that he's the 3rd Splash Brother.

But yea, in my mind I wished it was an actual dig at Durant.

arkoe and Red Nation RGV like this.
  4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The reports I've heard today said that he only got a couple of offers from Philly and GS so naturally he went with the GSW.

5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

THIS. Ultimately, I hate that I called this but for the wrong team. I knew out of spite if NOLA screwed him he would signed for the MLE. We never had a shot because he needed a chance to audition for FA. He wouldn't resign with GSW or us. As Cousins said, it was his chess move. Likely, he is a shadow of his former self after the Achilles. That is a two year injury and he is about to find out. There is a big difference between walking freely and running, cutting, and jumping. After I broke my back, went paralyzed, and learned how to walk again I got all excited I could walk until about half a mile in I realized I would never be the same again.

Baqui99 likes this.
  6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Oh he may have gotten more if he stuck around. Who really knows, but I think as Boogie is in nature this mattered more to him than to stick it out. That and probably some impatience when he saw a lot of FA money was drying up around the league.

Baqui99 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. alethios

alethios Member

It's so weird. I thought Cousins found his fit with the Pelicans. They were a formidable team with AD and Cousins together. And the Pels offered him 2yr/40mil, and were willing to let him rehab until January/February. The only thing that makes sense is that he is ring-chasing, just like Durant.

darksoul35 likes this.
  9. craguin

craguin Member

^Amick: "Considered a bad fit."

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We couldn't even get a meeting, how do we get an offer?

If you haven't noticed yet, this off-season basically every free agent denied to meet with us for whatever reason.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Well that’s actually pretty understandable.

[​IMG]

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Michael Carter Williams...a great fit.

Lulz...

While James Harden is flaunting his MVP shirt in China and basking in the love.l, Curry is already thinking ahead for the next championship run, after just having one another.

Cousins was surprised by Curry's excitement which helped him pick Warriors.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...rised-currys-excitement-pushed-035514321.html

Morey and Harden can keep the MVP award they craved for years.

J.R. likes this.
  13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

yes about tree fiddy

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

LOL, Rodman never commanded the ball. Cousins attitude kills any team that makes him a top scoring option.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Clint Capela is better for this team than Boogie anyway - fits the system waaayyy better and you can’t add Boogie at the MLE or you risk losing your only means to acquire someone to replace Ariza. The talent and money was all right, but the circumstance for us was precarious at best - would have been a bad idea to bring him to Houston...never mind the fact CP and him are enemies

16. Garner

Garner Member

I'm sorry....do you think the players are making transactions?

Harden in China has literally nothing to do with boogie to the warriors.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

It’s downright scary what just occurred. They are gonna get the best out of him too

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

His point was that, even though Rodman was a "cancer," he was still a very integral part of that team; a team which rattled off 3 straight titles. There's no reason GS can't rehabilitate Cousins, even for just the one year.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Except I just linked an article where Cousins himself said that Curry's recruitment was a big reason why he went to the Warriors.

Who is Harden recruiting in China in his MVP Tshirt?

While Harden is riding high on his MVP award and saying we dont need to tinker with the team, Curry is not resting on his laurels and championships. They have won many titles but Curry still is greedy for more and thus recruiting.

Little Bit likes this.
  20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Hey Chicago what do you say. The Cubs are gonna win today