1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nurkic should sync up with an agent that's more in tuned with knowing his rights....

DonKnock, slothy420 and malakas like this.
  2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Aruba77 likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guess the Warriors are thinking "banner culture" will change Boogie rather than Boogie changing the banner culture. Tag along for a ring, play when you get healthy? Why not?

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

Maybe maybe they didn't think he would take the mle? Boogie said nobody called him, so he called gsw

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why would Cousin's want to play back up Center to Capela making more than him?

It wouldn't have happened.

This is all on Boogie. He pulled the b**** card.

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. rockets13champs

Market for Clint must be bad. Think about it. demarcus cousins got paid 5.3M... Morey must be lowballing Clint at 10M

7. steddinotayto

The minute Morey does this is the exact moment that Clint signs the Qualifying Offer to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Richie_Rich, KrisD and malakas like this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

who are we saving this 5.3 for???

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i agree. he's a rare talent and 27 yrs old. the guy was averaging 25/13/5.5 dimes/1.5 steals/1.5 blocks. Those are amazing numbers. Those are max-player numbers. The entire league should have at least been interested in his next move (even Houston, despite our cap challenges).

And even if Boogie is 30% less effective than he was before he went down, that's still a very impactfull big on the court. I love Capela, and i'm not even sure how Boogie would fit with the rockets style of play, but i at least hope we kicked the tires on him.

it's besides the point now. GS made a brilliant move. My hat's off to them. Anyone who thinks that Houston can just run the same group out there (minus Ariza) for the playoffs and take them to 7 games is fooling themselves. Morey IS gonna have to make some moves to keep up.

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It’s not bad. It’s just risky cuz he’s a RFA. If he was an unrestricted free agent he’d be signed by now.

12. Chargernation

Chargernation Member

Rockets management isn’t playing the game the way other contenders are. Should have renounced CC and signed Boogie if he could be had at 5.3 million.

Contenders are getting good players on one year 1+1 deals. rockets lock their players and in turn their cap space for years

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

A player that is not coming off of tearing his achilles tendon that also weighs over 260 lbs to fill a spot of need at small forward?

14. steddinotayto

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

t0mdotcom and J Sizzle like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

Again, we have Clint Capela! The Warriors have Zaza. Why would Boogie even want to come here and not have the starting job?

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. KrisD

KrisD Member

I think Cousins was pissed at the offers he received so he decided to pick his own terms and play for a team that would surely throw everyone for a loop. It really sound like a bitter person who did not get what he expected and the free agent market drying up quickly.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

That's exactly what happened.

DonKnock and KrisD like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i get it. But Boogie is much better than Capela, so i hope we at least investigated options. I totally get that we were a long-shot to land him.

19. edgewalker

edgewalker Member

This pretty much. We already have a plan for starting C, and the likelihood his production will be the same after his injury is suspect.

20. steddinotayto