1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets meeting with Michael Carter-Williams? Oh lawd....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donkeypunch, Jul 1, 2018.

1. seeingred

seeingred Member

He's applying for a job selling those new bacon dogs at toyota center.

2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Could be a 'Shaun Livingston type player' ... He can't shoot the 3, but has decent mid range I guess and attacks the rim well. He can play defense and guard multiple positions because of his height.

rockets1995 likes this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

He has a height advantage over Point Guards and switching defense could be a factor into this. I really hope Mike can add midrange shots in his playbook. Shaun Livingston type for sure. I hope he knows how to shoot midrange. When Paul, Harden goes to bench for rest. MCW getting assists to Gordon off the bench. I like the idea of having depth at Point Guard. Chris Paul overextended minutes can cause a injury.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Chamillionaire

Did MDA coach him when he was on the US squad? If he did, I'm sure they know him well. I personally wouldn't mind him as the 4th guard.

AXG likes this.
  5. farhen

farhen Member

relax people repeat after me:

in murrey we thrust

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

7. Asian Sensation

Remember that time Morey brought Beasley from out of nowhere literally (China). There was endless jokes and WTF’s flying around. Then he proceeded to become our 2nd best scoring option for a large part of that season and we were mad when we traded him.

How about when Morey scooped up Green from his couch and he became a fan favorite? Morey also gets the majority of the credit for bringing D’Antoni on board. That was probably one of the most important decisions of his GM career and it was his least popular/most hated decision overall. He wasn’t right. He ****ing nailed it.

If Morey wants to meet MCW and decides to sign him. Good.

D-rock, FLASH21, AXG and 9 others like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is EXACTLY what the Rockets are doing. They will get their MLE guy, but they also want to see if they can get some Vet Min guys that can contribute in some ways. It is a long NBA season. The "fringe rotation players" section of the bench....guys 9-12....they could be important.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would rather go for Treveon Graham than MCW. He can shoot and defend, at the 2 spot. He is a UFA now.

Why not? likes this.
  10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

This is why I was hoping we’d bring in Shake Milton from SMU. A long wing with range.

11. ctry25

ctry25 Member

Or David Andersen.

12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Got drafted & traded IIRC - ended up in Philly
    (And yes... I would have liked to see him in Htown as well)

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm hoping Duval can get a spot in the rotation. Until then MCW will do.

14. riko

riko Member

Beasley always had the talent but it was more his off the court smoking habits that hindered his on the court progress.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Just as long as it's for the vet minimum.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

My initial reaction to this is meh however I have to remind myself If Morey is interested he must see him as an undervalued possible improvement. I will pass on judgement until it actually happens and we see how he performs. Morey isn't batting 1.000 on all these type of signings but he is batting a very high average with very few swings and misses. Morey's track record should buy him at least some time to see how a player does before making a final judgement.

D-rock likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Highlights certainly don't everything, but MCW isn't running the point well here at all. Give Melton a chance. He can't do any worse.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

My sources tell me that this signing is not happening. A meeting was scheduled for last night, but MCW missed it.

D-rock and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. Kill me.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This guy...... Living up to his past reputation.