1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets schedule meeting with James Nunnally

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2018.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Nope! It's called "NEW Math" .... :cool:

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What a time to be alive

pippendagimp likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

so, without getting too ahead of myself, i just have to say that this is the kind of thing reminds me how lucky we are to have Morey as our GM. He's simply excellent at finding great talent at bargain prices. There have been so many over the years, but let's point back to Beverly, who Morey scooped up from Russia? I believe. I think we had him on like a 2-yr min. deal or something. A few years later Beverly is the main piece in a deal for Chris freaking Paul. Look what Covington's value is now (I believe we had him on a 2-yr min. as an undrafted guy). There are countless examples.

Last year it was Mbah a Moute and Gerald Green. This year it could be this Nunnally guy. I really like how Morey always seems to be able to squeeze really good talent out of minimum contracts or cheap contracts. It really helps fill in the depth when you have no cap left like us.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Morey got 99 names on his "3-and-D" list but Ariza ain't one.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

It’s funny how now everyone we look at has to have defensive... I wish we thought of that before signing Anderson. Sign the kid if he can stay shooting like that he is worth a spot

raining threes, Exiled and Aruba77 like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who???

Exiled likes this.
  9. today

today Contributing Member

He doesn't strike me as a high-flyer, he wasn't getting good lift on any of the layups/dunks that he had. I like his 3 pt shot, but I'd like to see how quick a trigger he has. I didn't see any examples of him having to rush his shot. More than anything, I've come to value the ability of a player to shoot a solid percentage on quick trigger shots.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

2018-2019 NBA Champions

The Houston Jamii!!!

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

He is K-lay back in Greece

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

By the way v-span aka greek tmac did great when he came back to europe. I bet he would do good in nba if he played for pops. It was a mental not bball problem he was argubly better than teodosic

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

15. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

Takes to long to get shot off. In the NBA that would not work. He belongs in Europe.

16. craguin

craguin Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do Rockets still have Diebler's rights?

B-Bob and BamBam like this.
  18. craguin

craguin Member

Vivi, DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  19. rocketurk

rocketurk Member

Well, could that be because he is playing for 2017 Euroleague champs and 2018 runner-ups? In Europe, mins per game doesn't tell much if you play for the contenders such as Fenerbahce, Real Madrid, CSKA or Olympiakos. I guess he was the scoring champ in Italy before moving to Fenerbahce, but that doesn't tell much either considering the level.

So guys, I am from Turkey and a huge fan of Fenerbahce, born and raised. I think I watched James many times and I could tell that he is a typical 3&D guy. Last season, he was the best 3pt shooter in Euroleague, excelling as a corner shooter. That could have some value for us considering our system and how Ariza and PJ had to knock down those corner threes. However, I don't think he could guard bigs in NBA, so he could hurt our switch defense. He can guard guards and wings to a level though. He is also an athletic guy but not like Gerald or such.

Anyway, personally I didn't really like him when Fener first signed him but this season he really improved and turned out to be a reliable shooter. Maybe, he could earn some minutes in NBA level. If he does that for Rockets, I would be happy. He deserves it.

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member