1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Ed Harris character is currently human correct and has been up to this point? I know in the teaser scene after the finale credits rolled it showed something else. Did you watch the scene at the end after the credits rolled?

GRENDEL likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Really like the story. I just don't care for the way they choose to tell it.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Boring. The fact that they can kill everyone, and bring back everyone eventually leave me less emotionally immersed with the characters.

Watchable, but there have been far better shows.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Cylon Host

B-Bob likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right he appears to be, until after credit scene showed something else

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Think the end scene was indicating his daughter was a host because she was in the room, like the owner, and that he was right. But I would have to that whole thing again to understand anything.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A guest can be a host. So the daughter is dead not dead. I'd say what you saw was that AI who looked like Davos's deadbeat son. The daughter's real death has more meaning as a plot device for Ed Harris to evolve into a bigger monster.

So there's future Ed Harris timeline. Free Delores timeline and whatever they want to divide in between, prob a revived maive on Westworld plus that robot not robot Ed Harris who will selectively forget like this season's Bernard.

Any more than three timelines for the entire season and viewers will start burning the place down.

#67 Invisible Fan, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-2-finale-explained-lisa-joy-season-3-1122744

Here’s an interview with Lisa Joy that was posted right after the finle. She states the after credits scene is set far into the future and probably won’t be a focal point next season but later on.

My thinking is William made a host of his daughter and eventually maybe she made one of him and they have perfected what they were trying to do with Delos. I remember something that Dolores said along the lines that only a host could train a host. Maybe this is what she meant. Only hosts can make other hosts truly conscious without bugging out like old man Delos did with William.

GRENDEL likes this.
  9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I believe you are correct. That stinger scene is set in the future, the forge is dilapidated, I'd assume it's after "real" humanity is long gone......

Invisible Fan, CCity Zero and mrm32 like this.
  10. GRENDEL

Human in the "current" timeline, stinger occurs well in the future.....unsure how far though.....

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The show is headed in the direction i feared after season 1. Anyone can be brought back as a host. Any host can be brought back from backup. And destroyed back up could have been secretly backed up. At the end, we even have Hopkins/Ford code deleted from Bernard/Arnold and now he's reappearing in his imagination, willed into existence by Bernard/Arnold.

I enjoy a good story, however I am not fond when the writers can change the rules as they go along just as a means to drag out a series and run it into the ground.

That is one thing I liked about GOT and attributes it to being a great show; There is a set beginning. There is a set end. Enjoy the journey. The final season is not going to be a shitshow because the creators ran out of ideas on how to extend it yet one more year.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I believe Nolan and Lisa Joy have gone on record stating their plan is to not drag out the show. They have a beginning, middle and end they want to tell. They already have all of those major points outlined its just a matter of seeing where they will fit as the show continues. I'm thinking this series probably ends at 5 seasons.

GRENDEL, CCity Zero and Space Ghost like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Man in Black was human only the first time that he experienced the "loop" of killing his daughter and then his confrontation with Delores. What happens after that is he/his consciousness/his future robot body is experiencing the same thing over, and over and over again in a loop.

So when we saw the Man in Black scenes this season we could have been viewing the first time he experienced this loop when he was fully human, or any of the other times when he wasn't. It doesn't really matter though. its the same story.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

15. GRENDEL

Actually I think they made a point of showing that Ford isn't actually there, it's just a projection from Bernard's mind. He wasn't be told to do it by Ford anymore, it was actually his own actions after he deleted Ford. It's sort of a fight club situation from the way they set it up, at least during this season.

Unsure if they'd keep that going in the next seasons....

mrm32 likes this.
  16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I don't think hes just running the same loop over and over again just for the sake of it. He is being testing for any deviation in personality. As it stands, he seems to be making the same choices over and over again (judging by his blown up hand at the end). Its the same thing Logan was talking about what they were doing with Delos in the simulations. No matter how many times they ran him through the same story lines he still made the same decisions he made in the park. I think the purpose is for hosts to truly exercise free will and being able to change their core drives? I'm getting confused just thinking about this.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. dobro1229

I believe every show should have a season that ends in a finale where it could be the end of the series if it needed to be, and this season of Westworld absolutely was written that way IMO even though there is certainly alot they could do with season 3 with many possibilities.

The Valley beyond though representing a final resting place for the Hosts, The Man in Black now stuck in an infinite loop of his own making, Maive saving her daughter, Delores finding her way to the "real world". All of these plot points have a well thought out ending to them IMO.

This show is not the Walking Dead.... at least not yet. And I trust HBO & Nolan/Joy far more than I do AMC & whoever is running that show now to make better thought out decisions on spinning the show off with clear direction.

To me, I'm glad we have a show that's trying pretty damn hard to be something more than just a "shocking death" show in the vein of what GOT used to represent in the Red Wedding days even though I'd argue post Red-Wedding it shed that notion pretty quick (Hello... Jon Snow).

Yeah, its not perfect, and is a big commitment from fans, but I'm glad we still have something out there that is trying to be a bit more even if they do end up coming short.

Invisible Fan, mrm32 and GRENDEL like this.
  18. dobro1229

Haha. Yeah me too. I agree you are right they aren't EXACTLY loops because he could deviate, but his human programming creates the same path for him over and over again. Its a pretty sad, cynical take on humanity, but I love it. You do have to ask yourself when you look at those around you like your own parents, and think if you recreated them in the same environment, would they ever turn out to be anything different than they are? Are our choices really ever choices, or are we always going to make the same mistakes because we are who we are?

mrm32 likes this.
  19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't understand why all this personality training or "fidelity" testing or whatever has to be brute-forced like this when they've clearly shown they have the technology to simulate it.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

One thing I don't get. Teddy get done up. How is he magically in the world beyond without crossing over?