1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL We get it. Lakers are getting everyone.

LeBron, kawhi, Paul George, Lillard, McCollum, Chris Paul as 6th man

Warriors better trade Draymond and especially Klay before they join the Lakers.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

i don't doubt that, but if he agrees to create a super team in LA he might as well retire and the Spurs should just have a full on fire sale and start the tanking. There's a difference between doing right for his players and giving up on basketball just to put a player in the best possible scenario to win.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Will just have to see how Pop/Spurs org. operates. And/or what Kawhi says.

Kawhi has a player option after this year. He can basically say LAL or I'll just play it out.

Of course, LAL won't really have cap room next year... unless they don't do great this offseason and save room again...

In any case, losing Kawhi for NOTHING is Pop's best way to ensure he never gets close again.

Getting Ingram, Kuzma + actually gives him talent to work with on a team that won 47 amidst turmoil last year already...

But absolutely... Kawhi to the East will be their preference. No way he makes it to NYC though without Porzingis in the deal.

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I still think it's Kawhi and PG in LA.

LeBron will play with CP3 in Houston.

5. Rocketrik

Rocketrik Member

It's not a Longshot if Bron opts in and gets traded for Deng + picks. The exact same offer we would make except dengs makes 3million less than ryno. Lakers can then for kawhi into their cap space and PG will probably sign for a little less then the max to make the numbers work( btw I think PG has a nike bonus clause for playing in a big market )

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i really see popabitch trading kauai for one of the disstrack boyz and anorexic ingram i really do. but the piece de resistance that seals the deal here will be luol deng no doubt

everyday eddie, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

A couple of quick thoughts on the Kawhi news:

1) Kawhi comes off pretty bad here.
    2) I don't think the Spurs will be in any frame of mind to "help" Kawhi get his preferred destination.
    3) Watch the 76ers. Covington, Fultz and the #10 pick would be a very attractive package.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can’t see Pop sending him to LA

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Damn, we really need to make something happen. If Kawhi, Bron & George go to LA, that’s a huge problem for us.

There was a point in this offseason where upgrading role players was an option, it’s not anymore.

Morey needs to be ringing Minny’s phone HARD for Jimmy Butler, maybe call Toronto for Demar or Portland for CJ.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  10. JayZ750

Why would Cleveland do that?

It'd be on thing if LAL held some draft picks that weren't theirs from a team like Dallas or something.
    LAL draft picks, be it 1, 2, or 3 with Lebron on that squad are basically worthless.

As would the Rockets be... they got CP3 last year because they include Lou, PBev and Montrezl... legit bench/role player guys. Heck Lou was almost an all-star himself.

D-rock, clutchdabear and DonKnock like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea if the Lakers get those three guys, we are beyond screwed. Seriously, this is not good news, especially that he wants to go to LA.

12. xaos

xaos Member

I’m curious about this perspective... why would Cyberx only get credit if it happens? Did Cyberx say it would or did he say rumors are that there is talk about the two?

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People keep describing those replacement level at best players as "talent to work with" but they really aren't. None of them are starters on a good team.

As to Kawhi, like you said, the ONLY way he can get to the Lakers is by a trade, he can't threaten to walk there in FA so a team that is either an up and comer or a near contender can take the risk of trading for him knowing that they would have his Bird rights and that he couldn't simply go to LA at the end of the year.

clutchdabear and DonKnock like this.
  14. epicbeardabe

epicbeardabe Contributing Member

@cyberx if kawhi gets traded, how likely do you think it is for the spurs to completely blow it up and get rid of Aldridge too?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not what I meant, I didn't say "only".

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I don’t think the Lakers are going to have enough assets to do two trades.

This works if they clear cap space for 2 guys at a discount and the thrid guy comes from a team that takes Deng+young player filler for a star

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Has to have good cred with the players? You mean the last 20 years don't speak for themselves? Pop will be fine if he trades him somewhere besides LA.

What he said last year to Aldridge:

"He said, 'I want to be traded,' " Popovich said. "And I said, 'Whoa, nobody has ever said that to me before.' He said, 'I'm not enjoying this. I'm not confident. I'm not sure you want me here. I want to be traded.' "

"I was very candid with him," Popovich said. "I told him I would be happy to trade him. You get me a talent like Kevin Durant and I will drive you to the airport. I will pack your bags and I will drive you there,' and he laughed. And I said, 'Short of that I am your best buddy, and you are here for another year and you ain't going nowhere because for you talent-wise, we are not going to get what we want, so let's figure this thing out. And we did."

I'm sure he's just itching to give Kawhi away to LA!

18. Rocketrik

Rocketrik Member

The argument is the same we make for why they would take Anderson. Dan Gilbert would save face by taking picks back. Lakers could give them their own pick back as well as the bulls second rounders they own which is basically another late first as well as another future first.

19. JayZ750

Kind strange how people on this site can't figure out that the Rockets HAVE NO ASSETS to use in a trade.
    Well.. that's not entirely fair...

They could, theoretically, S&T Capela. But does a Capela S&T for Butler move the needle that much for either team? No... Minny would probably do it for Wiggins but even then doubt they go all in on the twin towers thing.

They could also S&T CP3... which they ABSOLUTELY should do if they even get any wind that he might be looking to join up with other players elsewhere.... which to be frank, I don't know why that'd be entirely surprising. Certainly wouldn't be a "b****" move by him.. he just did that last year to come here.

PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon have value and contract value. I guess you could move either of them. Kind of 1 step backwards for 1.5 steps forward type thing, depending on the package.

20. malakas

malakas Member

even if Pop wanted to send Kawhi to Antartica with the mess Kawhi created this year, I don't see any gm no matter how bold they are to trade significant assets for him since he's expiring.

On the other hand there will be a limit to how low the offer will be or the Spurs will just not accept it.
    Lakers can't get Kawhi for Deng + Kuz or smth ridiculous like that but it won't be a fair offer for sure.

Vivi and DonKnock like this.