1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about picking up Paul Pierce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 7, 2001.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finn-Their problem is, Walker is already locked up long term, Pierce isn't. Pierce has been sending out mixed signals lately, and if he wanted to get out, do you think they'd trade their other superstar?

Anyhow, I don't think we have the right combination of players to please Boston, since Francis and Mobley are pretty untouchable.

------------------
    "That's been a lifelong dream of mine." -Vince Carter, after laying it in on a breakaway, much to the Vancouver crowd's displeasure.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Walker will most likely wind up in Chicago, since they are one of the few teams that can take on his salary. Fizer or Brand and a draft pick for Walker is not out of the question. Once Walker is out of Boston Pierce will be happy again and sign a long term contract.

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

3. haven

haven Member

aelliot: Maybe defer future picks? Maybe include extra players? Argh. I wasn't aware that they would have two picks in the lottery, though. Still, if you had FIVE picks, maybe you could trade up to someone with lots of pressing needs. I agree though, that makes it seem less likely.

I think the key would have to be Pierce telling Boston he wants to leave, and Boston not getting a great deal elsewhere.

------------------
    I would believe only in a God who could dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche