1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The bright side is.... We now get Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, May 29, 2018.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

some people are so dumb...seriously...if you even remotely have a chance to get the best player in the game to your city...you say yes please and where do I sign up to watch... Everyone on this team is expendable for Lebron. Period end of story. And when you may get a chance to pair him, Paul and Harden...you make that happen at any and all costs.

TBH...if the NBA does away with conferences...Houston should be the best option. But if that wont be allowed, Lebron should chose the easiest path to a title, and join the Celtics...Brown, Tatum, Kyrie, James and Hayward (and good coaching). I would be very intrigued at this team's possibility.

Really FCK GS..and I believe the NBA should just contract talent. Only a few teams matter anyway.

2. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

He is going to pull out all of the stops and come from all angles, including LeBron's family. LeBron's son is going to be like, "dad, you should join the rockets"

JoeBarelyCares and Cash Cam like this.
  3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

China will be mad man, they are our source of $$$ ;)

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The amount of thirst for Lebron on Rockets facebook groups is overwhelming.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

People seriously think Lebron to Houston has over a 50% chance?

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

No, but giving LeBron to Houston the highest chance of happening as opposed other destinations is reasonable. Vegas had the Rockets as the favorites for a majority of the year, and nothing that has happened thus far has shaken things up much. If anything our case has strengthened. Sixers fizzled out, The Brooklyn pick didn't win the top 3 lottery, Rockets gave the Warriors a fight, and LeBron's hatred of the Warriors has only deepened tonight.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

So if we get Lebron does James hand the team over to Lebron or does Lebron take a backseat to Harden?

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The three pick their spots.

The greatest luxury to have.

To play at 75% for most of the game and then they all turn it up to 100% in the 4th quarter.

This is what the Warriors do in first half..coast. And then they come out in the third for the jugular.

Hakeemtheking and arubato like this.
  9. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

They will work together like CP and Harden did

10. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I think it would depend on game situations....whoever has it going.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Disagree with the other posters. I think Harden takes a backseat until LeBron declines. Harden is the chillest superstar in the league, he will do what is logical, meaning letting the GOAT be the GOAT. Assuming LeBron declines after a couple years, Harden would step in.

12. Boney Garcia

Boney Garcia Member

13. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Harden and Lebron Stagger more and each play with cp3 like harden and cp play now. And the 13 minutes cp is off the court about half of that is harden and lebron together like lebron and dwade. Then the other half is garbage time because we are winning by 20+

Hakeemtheking and peleincubus like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Lebron is getting older and older. Harden is more than good enough to keep Lebron and Chris Paul good enough for 2 more seasons after this. Hopefully you can include Capela in the equation also.

Overall at this point I don't give a damn what the story is fabricated to be about. I simply want to beat the Warriors. And if the Rockets could somehow, someway do it in 4/5 games next year.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

LMAO

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Banana boat

17. arubato

arubato Member

48 minutes of at least 2 HoF playmakers on the court

Zboy likes this.
  18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Now that I think about it, there was a little bit of genius in Morey's comments that the Rockets are obsessed with beating the Warriors - if I'm Lebron James that is EXACTLY what I want to hear from my GM. Let's be clear, Lebron hasn't always seen eye to eye with his GMs but for a guy obsessed with rings who knows he has to beat the Warriors to get there, it would certainly seem like Houston is saying the right things - not just we want a title, but more specifically, we want to beat the Warriors.

It's not certain we are getting Lebron, but you have to admit we have a great shot because:
    - LBJ would be playing with a guy who can carry the facilitation/offensive duties most of the game(allowing Bron to pick his moments)
    - LBJ and the management would start day 1 on the same page
    - He gets to play with his good friend CP3
    - His season would still be on a collision course with the Warriors but the spoils are even sweeter because he can effectively prevent GS from reaching the finals and we already know Bron can single handedly beat every team in the East.
    - basketball karma for Durant's b**** ass move.

Lebron only wants titles and Houston is far and away the best chance he has at doing that right now(think about a Paul, Harden, Ariza, Bron, and Capela lineup!!!). The only reason he wouldn't come to us, is if we can't come up with the full max to pay him. Admittedly this is a big worry - especially because our new owner basically spent all he had to own the team so a massive luxury bill may make him balk at truly going 'all in'.

luckyman76 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

can we have double header, the modern commercial jet normally doesn't run on one engine

20. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

which he is, as great as Harden is, Lebron is just a better player for now because his height and athleticism. Those things really shows up during playoff when everyone plays tight defense.