1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Replacing Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, May 29, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I know he is risky, but he is showing improvement under Carlisle's discipline.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

You go sign Noel, Stromile Swift type.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mike DAntoni doesn't have time with Noel he didn't like him when Mike was an Assistant with the 76ers Did you know that.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Not liking Capela is like not being grateful that he outplayed other Centers in Karl Anthony Towns the 1st pick in the draft. Rudy Gobert a Taller Stronger. Clints Quickness, Shot Blocking, and Soon to be 3 point shooting will come

5. saleem

No, I didn't know that. We do need a replacement for Tarik and Nene though. Amir Johnson is a vet with some game left. If he agrees to the mid-level exception, I think he would be a good addition. Tarik shouldn't return. Will Nene retire? I don't think he would like to continue if he can't play.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, why is this even a thread? The Rockets are not letting Capela walk. They were 42-3 with him, Harden, and CP3 this season! You realize that's a 76 win pace over 82 games? You don't allow money to get in the way of keeping that core together. Not if you're serious about winning a title. I'd go so far as to argue that resigning Capela is probably a stipulation of CP3's in order for him to re-up with the Rockets. And there's no way in hell you're recruiting LeBron to come here if your first offseason move is to let Clint go someplace else.

Clint Capela will be a Rocket next year. Period.

BigShasta, rockets1995 and DaDakota like this.
  7. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

You don't think you can replace his production for cheaper so you can add Lebron plus use Capela to get a high draft prospect or future picks?

8. saleem

if Lebron joins the Rockets with Chris, Harden, and Capela I'm all for it. Lebron will demand so much attention, that he will make it very easy for Clint to play his game.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

this isn't gonna happen, though. he'll get more than that. probably much more.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Clint would shoot 75% from the field if LeBron was here. How would any team keep a defender on him when you have to double or triple team LeBron and Harden and respect CP3's jumpshot?

saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

I'm okay with that as long as the Rockets get Lebron,retain PJ and re-sign Chris.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not mean Part with Boooker as much as PAIR WITH BOOKER

Rocket River

ApacheWarrior and saleem like this.
  13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

parsons career ended when he left houston lol

napalm06 likes this.
  14. basketballholic

I said that in context of the team sans Dwight and Capela replacing him. That team that barely made the playoffs as the 8th seed would have missed the playoffs by a mile by simply replacing Dwight with Capela.

For your information.......Dwight is still the better player of the two men....today.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Is CC going to be the first pick and roll center after the cap rise to get full max. I've believed no from the beginning and i still stand by that. Slightly less than $20 mil per is what I believe CC will sign for. Taking into account the direction of this team and the pieces they are ultimately wanting to get.

#175 YOLO, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  16. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

$20 million is still significantly more than $12-14 million.

but imho the chances that some team offers him even more than that are higher than the chances of the rockets being able to retain him for just $12-14 million.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's more but it's not max. If you want to get specific I'd say 17-18 give or take

18. basketballholic

Today's center salaries are high because NBA GM's are stupid.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you fail to take into account the time of the cap rise. since then no pnr centers have gotten anything close to a max. and no noah is not making max. hes still making alot for sucking and not playing but its not max.

if you're a center thats going to get max that's going to be the AD's, Town's, embiid's of the league in this era

20. tobster

tobster Member

Like thinking Dwight is better than Capela ... TODAY? SMH