1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018 Lebron FA Watch] Houston Recruiting & Cap Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, May 28, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

So DJ will turn down his $24m+ player option for next year to sign with us for $5.45m?

If Morey pulls that one off, he's a genius.

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Every rational person who follows the NBA believes this.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Well in any of these scenarios every player that wants to challenge the warriors knows they have to take cuts simply because of what KD has done and what Klay is rumored to do (take pay cuts).

DJ has said he’d take a discount to play at home. Add the real possibility of winning a ring with the king and who knows. He might sign a one year deal for the ride? Either way though, if you can get LBJ here then there will be FA’s willing to sign here for less than their market rate.

5. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Zzzzhou Chi making $1.4m pisses me off. What was Morey thinking about that contract? Dude is a scrub and should be in China playing bball not the NBA.

6. Rox>Mavs

I’m trying to imagine how those two messages could sound similar or confused....

Bobsputin and topfive like this.
  7. BackdoorHarden

Joe Chee?

8. riko

riko Member

It’s pretty obvious the Rockets would still be playing if Paul was not injured

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  9. Rox>Mavs

Seriously? he’s a rookie with raw talent. $1.5m with his structured contract is actually pretty good. He’s a project that’s taking up $1.5m. Ryno is sitting next to him taking $20m.....and your pissed Cheese is on the roster?

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

Wow. Bobby Brown made a lot of money with the Rockets

Bobby Brown PG $714,787 - - - -
    Bobby Brown PG $515,399 -

11. BackdoorHarden

Only $800k of his contract is actually guaranteed and that was for this year. His next 3 years is not guaranteed

Meanwhile...There's Ryno. and there's Chin Onaaudsdfkdusfdua makign $1.6 millions GUARANTEE next year

Zhou Qi signed a 4 year / $5,565,327 contract with the Houston Rockets, including $815,615 guaranteed

saleem likes this.
  12. BackdoorHarden

Who would have thought this was the worst ROckets new EVER...besides the Yao, TMAC, and CP3 injuries...

Ryan Anderson signed a 4 year / $80,000,000 contract with the Houston Rockets, including $80,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $20,000,000. In 2017-18, Anderson will earn a base salary of $19,578,454, while carrying a cap hit of $19,578,454 and a dead cap value of $61,264,637.

13. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Please update your OP stating Chinonanu is guaranteed and Zzzzhou is non-guaranteed. I did not know this information if I was informed of this info I would have put blame on Chino instead.

14. Rox>Mavs

Lol I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. That’s like small potatoes compared to Ryno’s $20m contract sitting there. All the minimum and rookie deals are easy to move (guaranteed or not)

15. Game7

Game7 Member

Liposuction? Facelift? C'mon Morey!!! Upgrade! :p

16. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

don't have to be this complicated, sign and trade capela + gordon for Lebron (maybe a first), sign a decent center, trade ryno to a smaller but worse contract, then stretch it, vet min for backup guards.

17. Rox>Mavs

You could go that route but Cleveland would have to want Capela on a near max and Gordon when they might rather want to shed salary and take picks. But hey if they want players and keep $35m in salary and the tax that goes along with that then sure. I just tend the think if they lose LBJ they’ll want to get rid of as much salary as possible. No sense in paying tax for a team that’s in rebuild.

Plus I’d hope to keep Capela if at all possible

18. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Trade Ryno, Eric Gordon, Onuaku, 2019 & 2021 first rounders for LBJ
    Resign CP3, Paul to deals they want.
    Resign Ariza & Moute if they agree to cheap deals and search for ring-chasing vets/young players

Cleveland then proceeds to go scorched earth by flipping Love & Gordon for talent with potential and draft picks and thereby get out of the luxury tax. Rockets get LBJ and bring the core back, extending their window 2-3 years.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  19. bevo202

bevo202 Member

There's 4 teams in the league with cap space for Ryno, and none of them are taking on his contract for two end of the draft 1st round picks

20. SteveFTB

SteveFTB Member

I am crazy if I say that I don't want LeBron? I'd like that Harden & CP3 win a title with their own team...not because of LBJ...

I'd like Morey spend in other ways, to bring good role players like Ellington, Caldwell Pope, Bradley ecc.

I'd prefer that instead of a super team with a crap bench. Golden State has Iguodala, we can't have Mbah A Moute as 6th man....