1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by mrdave543, Jan 2, 2004.

1. junglerules

junglerules Member

Talk about this two or three years ago, and I'm pissed. Now, I realize that Kearse "can" be a difference maker, but he doesn't dominate games like his rookie year, or like anyone thought he would. He gets injured a lot as well. I'd love to have him back, but I won't be devastated if he's not.

What's more interesting to me is the Eddie George situation. He counts a lot towards the cap too, and the Titans are going to be like 17 mil over it next year. Do they let him go altogether? If other teams feel like he has something left in the tank, he'll get a deal elsewhere for less than the minimum. I really do like Chris Brown's potential as a back who hits the hole quick, and brings a little more speed to the table. However, I wonder if he's ready for the full time role as early as next year.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

The Titans have followed the same model for years. Pay your big stars and then fill the holes with the young players through the draft. Jevon will get his money. I can't see letting 10-12 sacks go. The only good player I remember us letting fly was Godfrey. and of course Bulluck was ready to step up anyway.

as far as Eddie. He's definately a problem. I'm only guessing here but I think Eddie will take a pay cut and stay. He seems like the kind of player that would give up the money to stay in Tennessee. If true, the team will be forced to make a decision on his ability. He's probably in the 2nd tier of rb's, but still a starter.

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Seriously what do you expect?

4. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

This thread has turned a lil nasty bout the Titan/Texan fans but who cares.....i understand how people can hate the titans and thats fine but for us titan/texan fans we have to accept that and move on. All i know is that the titans still got a long road to coming to houston for the superbowl and i hope they do it......and to ray lewis and billick.....fuuccccckkkk the ravens and NEVERMORE

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I still don't understand how someone can root for divisional rivals, nevermind the other stuff.

6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

i still dont understand how it can bother you so much, it was still our team when they left houston, i still blame bob lanier for being one of the worst mayors in houston history that caused the oilers to leave and end up builidng 3 new stadiums after!! explain that to me. ill admit bud adams was a jerk also but i blame the city of houston for wasting our time and money and losing the oilers. accept the fact people still root for the titans and if u cant shut the hell up

7. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

MrDave543,
    I agree that the Titans have a very long road yet to go to reach Houston. I am just praying the Broncos can find a way to win 2 games in a row. That would set up the Titans playing the Broncos in Tennessee for the AFC Championship. But, the Titans have to stay focused and take one game at a time. I just want our next game to be at Kansas City. KC offense is scary but I like our chances. My only fear is that McNair looked really hurt especially in the second half. He could barely move and that is not a good thing. The other benefit of playing KC is that we get another day off. This is a bonus in itself especially with all the injuries.

Manny Ramirez,
    You are so right about how classless the Ravens are. They follow their coaches lead. I still remember when the Ravens beat the Titans in the AFC Divisional game in 2000. That was the game Ray Lewis took the ball out of Eddies hands and ran it back for a TD. After that loss. Eddie went into the Ravens locker room and personally congratulated Ray and wished the Ravens well.

Take a read from the article below. Just shows what punks the Ravens are...

Mason blasts 'arrogant' Ravens

Titans wide receiver Derrick Mason said Ravens Coach Brian Billick is ''arrogant'' and that most of the Ravens were poor sports after losing to Tennessee.

''Ray (Lewis) would have stayed on the field if we'd have lost and (Chris) McAlister would have stayed on the field, but a lot of them ran off the field and into their locker room,'' Mason said.

''I remember when I was younger and the Chicago Bulls finally beat the Detroit Pistons and half of them ran off the (court) and didn't want to shake their hands.

''Hey, I don't know what to say about them. Be a good sport about it, shake our hands. After each game we've lost against them, we shake their hands and go about our business. That just goes to show how truly arrogant those guys truly are.''

Mason, who played in the five consecutive losses to Baltimore, said he thinks the Ravens were overconfident.

''I think we humbled them a whole bunch,'' Mason said. ''I think they got too full of themselves. Jamal Lewis rushing for 2,000 and Ray Lewis being the defensive player of the year, I think they got too full of themselves and thought they could just show up and beat us.

''Not only them, I think their coach was rather arrogant. He was rather arrogant, and it backfired on them.''

8. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Man the other thing that I loved about yesterdays game was the intro at the beginning of the broadcast. I loved McNair jabbing against Ray Lewis. I wish someone could post it so I could watch that piece again. That was so cool seeing McNair show some attitude. He just looked so cool. I loved McNair using his fingers to emulate Lewis jabbering on. The closing piece of McNair throwing the glass of water at the camera was just perfect.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can accept it, I just don't understand it.

Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

If I were the Ravens I'd cut the idiot Brown for racking up the penalties. Well...maybe just trade him.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I don't like either than Ravens or Titans--glad to see one lose. I look forward to the other being put to rest next week.

The Pats are going to take out the Titans, that is the worst team in the league they could have drawn. A team who defense is physical (and not to mention complicated), and who on offense will spread the field to exploit the Titans secondary. Too bad for them, it is their own fault for getting swept by Indy.

On the game this weekend...

Did Eddie shed his wuss label? Nah, don't be silly, that was just one game.

Ray Lewis: I don't like him, but I have to admit the guy is a bad man. I watch him and then I realize how overrated Zach Thomas and all the other big name middle LBs are. Watch Ray, watch Zach and the rest--it looks like Ray is playing a different position. People can no longer say it is the Ravens, 700 lb of interior tackle either, last I checked Miami had a better DL and Lewis still makes Zach look like a chump who misses too many tackles and doesn't drive RBs backward when he hits them. Ray Lewis is certainly in the best LB in the game. He also is in the same league as the other best MLBs of the last 25 years--Mike Singletary or Seau (in his prime he was firce), and Lewis might also deserve mention with LT and Butkis as the best LB ever.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Just to clarify, nobody considers Eddie Geroge a wuss, it was only against the Ravens. Even I can admit he has stunk against the Ravens. But at no other time has he been considered a wuss. The guy has started every football game of his career. But now, nobody will ever call him a wuss against the Ravens. He beat the crap out of them. If someone would post the pick of the play were he was jabbering with Ray Lewis, you would see Ray Lewis completely upended on the hit. Eddie Geroge Leveled Ray. It's hard to see on TV. But check out the still. It's awesome.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Pats are very good. They seem to have the same knack as the titans do for winning. But when you look at their list of weapons it's empty. The Titans have a shot on Saturday. Should be a tight match to the end if McNair can even walk. I like our chances.

KC is also tough. But we faced their offense before when it was called the Rams. You have to bend, but not break. That's how the Colts can stop them. It will be the key. Force them to kick FG's.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

PSJ,

My sister lives in Nashville and even though she has seen Eddie like once or twice, she has never talked to him. However, several of her friends swear up and down that EG is a homosexual. Maybe that is why some people think he is a wuss or maybe not..

16. drapg

drapg Member

Stunning screen capture PSJ!

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Isn't this Ray Lewis domination of Eddie George a bit over-rated? It hasn't been until the latter half of last season and this full season that the Titans had any kind of passing game to take the pressure of the running game. Their O-Line is nothing spectacular; there's no Jonathan Ogden anywhere along that line. Bruce Matthews was great but in his final games.

The Titans used to be one dimensioinal (and tried to become a passing team by taking away Eddie's fullback) and that made the Raven's game planning pretty easy. Anthony Wright throws the ball now (with 6-10 career starts) like it took McNair 5 years as a starting quarterback to accomplish.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll wait for Shockey's expert opinion on homo's before any further comment ;)

19. junglerules

junglerules Member

Although it is possible, and his sexual orientation doesn't matter, and SHOULDN'T matter, I believe that Eddie has several children that seem to look like him. Anyway, the bottom line is anyone who thought Eddie was a wuss before this game, had VERY LITTLE reason to. Anyone who thinks it now, after the way he played with a dislocated shoulder is Captain P*SSY themselves.

20. JamesC

JamesC Member

I thought I read somewhere that Eddie Geroge got married last summer. I think it said she's a model or something like that.