1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The bright side is.... We now get Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, May 29, 2018.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Honestly, if getting Bron means we gotta dismantle our entire team, I don't want him. Rockets were 1 game away with the squad they currently have. Only upgrades that are needed are Anderson, Luc and Ariza. Give me Aaron Gordon or Julius Randle, resign CP3/ Capela, continue to upgrade bench and call it a day.

#61 tc0330, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    killahflip likes this.
  2. photojoe

photojoe Member

I forgot about this issue.

It's actually quite funny in hindsight. "I'm done with being second"...so I'm going to move to a team where I'm second on my own team? Good logic, Beta.

lw17, jayfree, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't need Lebron to beat the warriors, do need a guy like al horford though. Someone who is both a great defender and can create space

UTSA2step and lw17 like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think you have to dismantle the team a bit to get any upgrade. Given their cap situation.

Personally, it's not the dismantling of the team that irks me. It's just the whole way guys go about it that just seems off. Like it'd be a hollow ring if they got Lebron and won a ring.

But I guess that's the NBA today.

Also, even if you upgrade Anderson to Julius Randle... who I love as a player (though he's also flawed)... CP3 is still CP3. Cross your fingers and hope he isn't injured come playoff time.

14/15 - hamstring, missed 2 playoff games, lost the series the games he missed
    15/16 - missed 2 playoff games, lost series
    16/17 - Yay! Played all playoff games... but it was just 7... Blake was out
    17/18 - Made it 15 playoff games before being injured, missing final 2playoff games in the series they lost

Look, CP3 is a GREAT GREAT player. So cerebral. Has had some bad playoff games/moments, but so has EVERYONE. His stand out because when he has good playoff moments, he ultimately gets injured down the road.

Rinse, wash, repeat. It's like Kevin Love... it's not a surprise he is injured every year in the playoffs either. It's not his fault. It's not CP3s fault. They've aged and in NBA playoffs it just makes them more injury prone...

RyanB, topfive and tc0330 like this.
  5. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Was giving up Lou Will and fan favorite PBev + the dreadlock GOAT Montrezl worth it to get CP3?

Anderson, EGO, and two 1 thru 3 protected future first round picks for LeBron, would do in a heartbeat.

lw17 likes this.
  6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Absolutely to the first question. CP3 single handedly got us to a game 7.

I agree with the trade. If giving up Gordon means I get Bron in return, ok. Down.

jayfree likes this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

Kevin Durant is beyond cringy. The guy really is a snake and honestly lives off Lebron.

Between him joining the best team in the league and his burner account makes you hate him so much

lw17 likes this.
  8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[CONSPIRACY THEORY]NBA setting up the LeBron + Rockets join forces to seek revenge storyline for next year. It is known.

LeBron told the league he's coming to Houston. They didn't want him catching Durant-like grief, so the Rockets had to go down, CP3 had to watch it from the sidelines to build sympathy.[/CONSPIRACY THEORY]

9. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

If Lebron is all about chasing his rings, then i see no other team besides us could offer that opportunity.

Lakers even with PG13 is a no.
    Philly will not be able to handle the celtics Let along be able to defeat warriors

RyanB likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Except that the NBA couldn't possibly want a league where only two teams have a prayer of winning the title next season. And in the same conference no less.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't want LeBron. Whiney Baby should never be a Rocket. He may be a great basketball player but he must not be part of Rocket's history. Never.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's why Murray gets paid the big bucks. I trust that he'll find a way to get this done. It'll probably cost us a few draft picks, but we can't move forward with Ryno still on the team.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Throw Chinanu in there, please. He's worthless and we need his roster spot for someone with talent.

14. count_dough-ku

First of all, you're insane. If the best player on the planet wants to come here, you make it happen. Second, he wouldn't be "Whiney Baby" with the Rockets. He'll have a great owner and GM and a terrific roster around him. The dude could basically coast the entire regular season, still win 60+ games, and then turn it on in the playoffs.

15. juanito713

juanito713 Member

Don't put all your eggs in one basket hoping that LeBron is going to fix everything, It remains a highly unlikely scenario.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well most of the board thought that cp3 was a whinney baby before he came here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. If you don't want him here you aren't a rockets fan.

17. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I don't understand the logic behind this. This board hated CP3 in 2015 and the flopper insults were ubiquitous. Now that he's with us, the consensus is we don't get to game 7 without Paul. I still remember when Houston Rocket Artest was jawing off and elbowing Kobe and then next year Metta World Peace is winning a ring on the Lakers.

When it comes to personnel, I'm very much a Morey type guy. Get the pieces you need at the price you want, worry about hurt feelings later.

RyanB likes this.
  18. count_dough-ku

I'm not. I think the Rockets can still be about as good next season with the same roster. My hope is one of two scenarios happen:

1) Keep this roster mostly intact(aside from fringe pieces like Johnson and possibly Nene). Somehow unload that Ryno contract and get a couple of solid rotation players with that money.

2) Land LeBron.

Either one could put the Rockets over the top. Certainly the second one would make them prohibitive favorites.

19. RyanB

RyanB Member

i think that Horford is very underrated, the guy is a an excellent defender, rolls to the basket, has 3pt range
    i believe in this system he would've helped us past the Warriors even without Paul

But Lebron is the GOAT obviously

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

would have won the title