1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Referee Scott Foster - Rockets are 0-6 with him on the floor...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Turbo, May 29, 2018.

1. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

2. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

3. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Conspiracies! lol

4. BJE

BJE Contributing Member

The refs did play a part, but this one is on us. 9 missed free throws, 27 missed 3 pointers and we lost by 9. I am dis
    gusted!

Uprising, juanm34 and Mr. Turbo like this.
  5. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

i hated the refs too, but we hit a few 3s and that W-L record is diff

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  6. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

I definitely agree. We didn't bring it in the second half. I'm not saying we lost bc of it but it played a discouraging role. Needs to be addressed.

Uprising and Dankstronaut like this.
  7. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Why can't teams go I don't want this ref on my homecourt games? I get why you can't choose refs but how about we reject them?

Just like how lawyers are able to pre select jurors before trials?

BigShasta likes this.
  8. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

This would only band refs together to treat certain teams with discontent in unison i think

9. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Here is a great reddit post with objective research done on the officiating. OP thinks overall Rockets got shortchanged:

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great? Did you actually say that's a "great" post? The moron who compiled it didn't seem to think Jordan Bell's moving screen on Harden was a notable non-call, even though it led directly to an open 3. That was so obvious that the earth tilted on its axis when every NBA player watching from home all stood up at once and pointed at their TVs.

Seriously, you could put together a list like the above on any NBA game. This particular game (a game 7, mind you) had some atrocious calls and non-calls against the Rockets in the third quarter, which shifted momentum to Golden State by any objective standard. Once you hand that team momentum, the other team is in trouble.

#10 topfive, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly. Harden hits the insane combo breaker 3 while in his shooting motion over Klay....and it doesn't count.

Sure that's just 4 points and we lost by more, but those things absolutely make a HUGE difference in keeping the game within reach and checkign the Warrior's runs.

We needed help or at least a fair shake to get past the warriors while undermanned. Instead we got the opposite, at the worst possible time in the 2nd half. It's really unfortunate. I don't think it's a coincidence either that this **** starts to happen in the 3rd period - I think the referees subconsiously at least know this is the Warriors narrative and let them snowball. It's disgusting.

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This is what so many people arguing the the refs bias vs 0-27 stretch dont realize - that 3rd quarter momentum swing was the game changer. Harden's 3 that was waived off came during that 0-27 stretch. IMO, THAT ONLY call could have been the difference in the game.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You don't know basketball if you think we take all those 27 shots (one went in and were waived off, a few others were straight muggings) if our dribble drives were protected as they should have been.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  14. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

You're right. I missed the fact that he didn't include the moving screen. But there was some discussion in the thread about how Harden had hooked his arm around Bell during the play. Maybe that's the reason why they didn't include it. Nevertheless, seeing it in real time I thought it was a moving screen though.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden hooked his arm around Bell because Bell was actively pushing backwards against him and Harden was fighting that illegal maneuver.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you are a shooter that keeps getting fouled while shooting and getting no calls, it's going to mess you up. That was pretty much Golden State's best "defense", basically just foul as much as you want and there will be no whistle or it'll be called on the floor.

it's true that the Rockets played poorly, but the refs caused something like a 20 point swing in a game determined by 9 points. While the Rockets could have won if they made more 3's, not even counting all of the 3's they were fouled with no whistle on, they'd have also win the game with exactly the same shooting if the game was called evenly. The Warriors got 9 points off of blatantly obvious moving screens and Harden was fouled on 3 different 3 point attempts. That alone would have made up the deficit.

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You do realize half of those missed free throws were due to Kerr playing the Hack-A-Capela game.

And if getting fouled numerous times while shooting three pointers doesn't throw your game off, I don't know what will.

It's obvious you just checked out the box score and didn't follow the game flow. I am disgusted!!!

Mr. Turbo and topfive like this.
  18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Klay's toe was clearly touching the line, however slightly, so that was actually a good call to take the point away from him. The Rockets definitely could have changed some plays but when guys are getting hammered on shot attempts, either jumpers or drives, and not getting free throws, it can really affect them mentally. Plus, when you get fouled and miss and the whistle gets swallowed, the Warriors will grab the ball and rush down for a quick score. Momentum changes greatly on plays like that.

19. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

National media won't touch this topic, too controversial. But instances like these have a direct impact on the game and its rhythm. Therefor, I am pissed.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Scott Foster's look of disgust after the called off 3-point shot with a foul told me everything about how the night was going to go for us at that juncture.

upload_2018-5-29_14-30-25.png

Drift Monkey, ipaman and Tfor3 like this.