1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-2018 was an AMAZING season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, May 29, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wow, what a season. The best team we've had since 1997. What a ride. I am thrilled with how well it went. I'll be watching again preseason 2018! Thanks, Rockets!!!

Keeping it positive- it's over and it's time to move on and look toward the future!!!

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I hope that I feel this way. ..In a few days. :cool:

Xerobull likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m happy that the media narratives about this team, city and players have mostly been eradicated.

-CP3 and Harden can’t share the ball

-CP3 is a playoff choker

-Harden can’t play defense

-The Rockets aren’t a defensive team

-The Toyota Center isn’t a great Home court

-We don’t belong in the same league as the Warriors.

4. Xerobull

So true! It was awesome to watch all of this unfold. Good feels.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

As much as the loss last night hurts, it really was an awesome season. We proved that we can run with the big dogs and we pushed the Warriors to 7 games in the WCF. I just wish CP3 was able to play so we could really see where we stood against the Warriors.

On to the next season.

Patience, Xerobull and Elie#17 like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Morey did what he promised. He built a team that could beat the Warriors, and we probably would have.

Then the hamstring happened, and we still had a shot. I really can't be mad in any way at the organization, the rest of the league gave up and we fought and nearly won.

7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Loved it. Such a great season. Thank you to this team and players. Frustrating ending with the injuries to CP3 and Luc but that’s part of it. It was still a great ride. I won’t watch the finals because the NBA doesn’t deserve any good ratings after that abysmal showing by the officials in Games 6&7 but I’ll be back when summer league starts. For me, basketball never stops.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It was a huge success. The way to beat the warrior is now known.

Xerobull likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thumbs up for coming to the bbs the day after with the right attitude. I am more disappointed than I expected to be. But, there's no reason to doubt the Rockets approach, to reproach Ariza for his homage to John Starks, or to lament what could have been had Paul not been injured. They had a great season, took a great shot, and they'll be back next season with some tweaks but with the Harden-Paul-Capela core.

tmactoyao and Xerobull like this.
  10. Xerobull

What else is there to do? It's all over, winners nut up and grieve while they ready for the next battle. Learn from your failures and it's always a win.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

this was a championship team and they were cheated out of a real chance to see who played the best in a game 7

Tfor3, tmactoyao and SamFisher like this.
  12. Xerobull

Yeah, and you can say the same thing about 1997, but there are 50 other threads about that. Time to move on. Future is bright. Think about where we were five years ago and where we are now. Amazing things are going to happen!

Patience and RocketRed4life like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That was a bad non-call in 1997 but we were still down 3-2 and had to win another on the road.

We were way closer to moving on here and frankly deserved it more than the 97'rs. It was just **** ****ing luck.

14. Xerobull

I'd love to debate that over a beer with you. But what can we do? It's over and it's time to move forward. :)

15. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I was of course super bummed when we lost, but overall we have nothing to hang our heads about. We hung with quite arguably the greatest time of all time in a game 7, down CP3, went an 0-27 3 point stretch AND WAS STILL IN THE GAME. Think about that -- every statistic pointed to us getting blown out of the water, yet we stuck in there with tenacity and incredible defense. These past playoff runs really made me question how much heart and focus this team had, but this season and playoff run erased all of that. Instead of going home questioning whether the team gave a ****, I'm happy knowing they left everything they had on the court. Go Rockets!

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

honestly, the future doesn't mean much if the rockets are going to get cheated out of a legit chance to actually go to the finals in the end anyway. especially when they're good enough which this team absolutely was.

tmactoyao, vlaurelio and Xerobull like this.
  17. Xerobull

Hell yes!!!

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Thanks for the ride fellas, you had me believing there at the end. Naturally, an injury took it away, as is custom.

Reload for next year, we can beat these b****es.

tmactoyao likes this.
  19. Xerobull

That's what I'm talking about!

seclusion likes this.
  20. Xerobull

You'll get there, man. I know the feels.