1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Optimistic, but still preparing emotionally if we lose

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 27, 2018.

1. HookemHorns1250

The effort this team gives makes it a ‘bit easier to just say “Go out and play hard, and I’ll be proud regardless of the outcome.”

A lot of people laughed at MDA when he made those comments on if it was a successful year even if we don’t win it all. I’m gurssing quite a few have changed their tune on that one. Especially with out Paul, all you can do is just ask for effort and enjoy that.

Sadly, there will still be posts such as “This team just doesn’t want it bad enough.”, two minutes into the game.

2. HookemHorns1250

Who the hell cares what other people think. This isn’t about a simple “moral victory.” This is about your favorite team leaving everything they have on the court, short handed, against one of the better teams in history. If you can’t put other people’s thoughts aside, and just enjoy what’s going on, then you are missing out.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fans are fans.....they get away with this and other ish.

But MDA is the head coach, got paid royally to coach a competitive team.

That's weak sauce for a professional.

MDA has been like this almost all his career. He is just a nice guy. I am sure.

But if he is outcoached again, I dun really care.

4. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Why 46 not 48?

5. rocks123

rocks123 Member

I think rockets know it will be down the wire. reason why they worked so hard to get that HCA. with or without CP they wouldnt go down without trying their damn best to win. Their punch would carry much weight than the warriors. And we all know what a locked in rockets can do.

6. Marteen

Marteen Member

I've read the suggestions from people saying to change the conferences for the two best teams to meet in the Finals. Just the mere thought of possibly losing to Golden State in a Finals is the stuff of nightmares. Better to lose to them in a WCF than let them celebrate with the trophy.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Depends on how we lose how much it affects me. If it's another choke by Harden and or the team and I see them quitting then I couldn't care less. If guys are missing shots, turning it over and losing Klay and Curry for wide open threes then I will be mad, but just for a bit. If the refs have a clear agenda and we lose I'm done supporting the NBA in any shape or form. I will feel sad for the players, but then it's like meh and good riddance. If we lose a hard-fought game, I'll be devastated actually. With the Cavs winning, my gut tells me the Warriors will probably win, even though home court and our game 7 record has me somewhat confident, mainly in our role players.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am holding on to this: "Sometimes the better team doesn't win."

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Just have faith in Morley that he has more tricks up his sleeve