1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My only tactical disagreements

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 26, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

1)

You can't play 6 guys . Even if Luc was not great first half he was passable ... needed minutes in the 3rd to give guys a break .

2)

If the refs are going to **** you ... make GS pay for it . If you are getting murdered and no call ... and then they get little bump fouls.... then you need to start fouling them HARD.

Put in Nene and just have him ****ing lay curry or klay out .

A) if GS fights back great then they might get suspended.
    B) Nene gets suspended.... who gives a ****
    C) you talk to the refs ... you tell them if they aren't gonna call it evenly you are gonna make sure they don't make any And-1's

ak99999, Xerobull, bilaal14 and 12 others like this.
  2. pli777

pli777 Member

I tend to agree, Gordon, Harden, Ariza were all completely gased in the 3rd quarter they started marking boneheaded plays.

It doesn't matter, just put in Joe for 2-3 mins here and there, keep subbing in and out. #whynot

3. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Yes but at this point, I don’t honestly think coach is going to do anything differently. It’s come 3-3, down to game 7 in our building which is why we fought for home court. He’s going to probably keep things the same. The bench past Green is pretty abysmal. Not that they are all bad players, but they are out of game shape.

I do wish someone would lay one of these gs aholes out. Klay is just as smug as curry. Hate it.

It’s play like there’s no tomorrow. Rockets need to leave it all there on Monday. Even without CP3, I think we have a chance (though I’m sure no media will give us any chance). If someone said at the start of the season that we would be playing GS in game 7 at home, to go to the finals... everyone would take that (though, without CP3 is a harder task... but still doable). Let’s go, Rockets!

4. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

That's true but theres only 2 playmakers Harden and EG and Harden wants EG out there with him to be effective.
    So essentially you can't just sub out, at some point they will both sit and you will trot out a garbage lineup, and maybe that's what you have to do, but you need to put a play maker in there like that 3rd string no name point guard with Ryan Anderson and JJ to have a punchers chance during the rest lineups.
    Maybe that's what we should have, because if you play harden too much you WILL lose, bc he will tire out and the other team knows it and preys on it. (Unless Cp3's out there as well).

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is just plain stupid.

You made a thread of juvenile points.

“Yeah let’s hurt them and cause fights!”

Great plan.

6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

GSW has 4 allstars and still manage to find minutes for their bench. And their bench is worse than us..

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Time for Ariza / Tucker to "accidentally" take out Curry and Thompson. Just like Draymond Green does in every play.

9. Simon Honeybone

Holy **** man the point is this was a historical grade ****up. Did you not pick up what I am putting down? If not I feel sorry for ya.

10. MD_in_Training

The point of hard fouls is not to hurt them, but to send a message and deter their aggression.

Tfor3 and bro2044 like this.
  11. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

You sound crazy..
    None of those guys can help the Rockets and that has been proven over the course of the series.
    Put this guy in, put that guy in, Ryan Anderson, Joe Johnson, NeNe, Luc etc.......
    The reason only 6 or 7 guys are playing is because those 6 or 7 guys are the only guys we can depend on (IN THIS SERIES)

The Rockets are right where they need to be.
    Game 7 in H-Town with a chance to go to the finals?
    The Toyota Center will be nuts

ramotadab likes this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If it is historical, they would have scored less than 23 or perhaps even lower since that playoff number may have changed in the past 10 years. Big deal. A loss is a loss. Same result even had they scored 45 points.

As it is, other teams have scored less points in a half in a playoff game than the Rockets did tonight.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. Aware

Aware Member

I would just like to see clint not be shy about letting the elbows fly. Green has no problem doing it and he shouldnt either. Let them feel you, big man.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Then again, that same strategy worked for the Pistons in '89 and '90. :D

Tfor3, CCity Zero and DudeWah like this.
  15. Simon Honeybone

You typed a lot to say I am cool with stuff that sucks...

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, MDA screwed us tonight with his stubborn ways. We knew game 6 was going to be tough and you need guys for game 7. He should've at least tried to get some guys going, ESPECIALLY because the lane was clogged whenever Capela was in there. Should've went with Ryno or Joe at least. Also agree on the physical play, for a tough defensive team we are still quite soft.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, yes it did, haha

18. pli777

pli777 Member

When Clint is in, he appears to be timid and afraid. Frazzled by the fast pace both teams are playing at. I would like to see someone talk to him and tell him to just play like he has all year.

There's a couple of possessions today when he caught the ball in the paint that when he was in regular season would not care less but go strong to the rim, today he hesitated, unaware of surroundings (even though it was just Bell in the paint with him) and just threw the ball to someone in the perimeter. He needs to just go, catch the pass, hold the ball high and just go up with the intention to dunk it, no one in the paint can stop him but to foul.

Otherwise he's asking too much for Harden to penetrate all the way to the paint for an easy hand off, you really can't do that against GSW.

Others also need to start running, cut into the paint when Harden dribble drives.

19. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I don’t disagree with the OP on this instance. Was it okay for Green to intentionally trying to injure harden numerous times during the series? If they want war then we should give them war. I’m all supporting in returning the flavor. Next time when that shimmy goes in for another scoop, I honestly don’t mind someone “follow through” with the block attempt and lay someone out. They are doing it, why shouldn’t we?