1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't usually do this...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rimbaud, Apr 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But here is the title of the recap for ESPN:

"Sonics call foul, but refs don't so Rockets win."

Seems rather negative in favor of the Sonics, eh?

This doesn't usually bother me, but this is so blatant...especially considering how that Francis ejection was (or wasn't) treated and other times the Rockets have claimed a bad call at the end.

I didn't see the play in question (Kenny block) so was it close to a foul?

------------------
    Whitey will pay.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You don't usually do what? Talk basketball? with us mere mortals.

From my seats, it was a hurried jumper from the line that looked a little off balance, and Kenny had his feet under him. Doesn't matter, Patterson is not making that shot. It is not like it was under the basket.

Patterson did not foul Francis in Seattle, and Kenny did not foul Patterson.

But Walt's arm was yanked down by Tony Delk in Phoenix on that miserable Sunday.

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, don't usually complain about media coverage...you jerk! [​IMG]

------------------
    Whitey will pay.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's amazing how different the treatment is between ESPN and the Chron. I saw the play and I didn't really see a foul. There may have been one, but not the sort you call in crunch time. The block itself was certainly clean. The funny thing about the article is Patterson wasn't complaining that much -- he said something like, I didn't get the call but sometimes that's how it happens -- and gets this headline; Francis complained and complained and was ignored.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Thank you! I had a great view of that, and it was clearly a block. I hate to hear Francis talking about that play as if it was the refs' faults. That was a very clean block by Patterson, on a not-too-bright shot from Francis. He should have just said, "It was a good block by Ruben", because blaming the refs for something like that just looks bad.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.