1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it realistically take for the Rockets to rid themselves of Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the price is two 1st round picks

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

2 year 40 million some team will take him on that is scheduled to have a lot of cap space in 2020.

3. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I think ATL or ORL would be the landing spot. How much would it cost? I don't know. A nice thought exercise would be what bad contract would you take back for Anderson? The days of Morey fleecing bad GMs are gone because the league is much smarter.

Example:
    Would you take Chandler Parsons Contract plus a 1st RD pick for Anderson?

Biyombo at 17M for Anderson at 19M? We save a little money.

Batum at 25M with an extra year that is a player option for Anderson?

bmo likes this.
  4. basketballholic

Stretch him, twould not be offensive.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think it was Game 1 in this series where a potential offensive rebound landed near him and he didn't even make an attempt to go after it. He just turned and started jogging down the court.

He doesn't show it on his face, but I think he's unhappy that he lost his starting role to PJ and and even worse that he lost his backup minutes to Green. Remember, Green was the odd man out when the Rockets were fully healthy in the latter half of the regular season. D'Antoni even when playing 9 guys couldn't find minutes for him. And now he's getting key minutes in the Western Conference Finals against the Golden State Warriors while Anderson is riding the bench.

Jake Tower likes this.
  6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

This is what has me conflicted. I'd prefer the Rockets to beat the Warriors, but if we lose I'd rather it be in 5 or 6 instead of a close 6 or 7. If it's a close 6-7 it'll be harder to get a guy like LBJ to want to come here and be on a team that he didn't make a huge difference in winning a title. I feel dirty thinking that way....but worst outcome is losing to the Warriors and having no real way to put us over the top next season.....just perpetually stuck behind the warriors.

Here's to just beating the hell out of them this season and not having to worry about it.

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's not think this way. A close 6-7 games would mean we are at threshold of success. And we may not necessarily need Lebron to get over the hump. A pretty big upgrade would still be required, while retaining the core of the team. My gut feeling is Lebron will strongly consider Houston if we come close to toppling GS. It would be great if we could upset the apple cart right now.

8. saleem

If that's true, he needs to be kicked off the squad ASAP.

lw17 likes this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I've said this the entire year. If we can beat the Warriors, great! Do it. If we can't I want the series over in 5 because I don't want to be too "OP" for free agents.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, one year less on his contract still outweights his level of play in this season imo, but obviously not by much.

That's why i think our better chance is a deal with the Cavs, a team that will be forced to start a total rebuild, those kind of teams have basically no use for cap space. Instead, teams like Phoenix, that are still rebuilding but in an advanced stage, they'll probably look to add some pieces around their core to get out the rebuilding process (and that's probably why they have interest in Capela, he fits well in this scenario, even though i personally think they should never max him) so, i just don't see them wasting a ton of cap space on a player they don't need.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd take Parsons with a 1st rounder without a doubt. 4M more on his contract for the next two years but it would basically be another salary dump for a possible big trade...and you'd still get a 1st rounder...yeah, i think i'd do that.

Problem is i don't think Memphis has a pick to trade, i think they owe a pick to Boston in 2019 (just checked and yes, that's right, protected in top 8...top 6 in 2020...unprotected in 2021).

For Biyombo and Batum no thanks, Biyombo is a worse contract and Batum has three years left on his deal...that's really risky if he's done, i mean, he might not be and if healty he's a very good player who would actually fit really well here, but again, he was pretty bad this season, it's a huge risk. This assuming Charlotte would have interest in making this deal, which i'm not sure tbh...

12. bmo

bmo Member

I would trade Anderson to Atlanta for Kent Bazemore. Another bad contract yes, but good shooter & an ok defender. At least he would be able play in a series against the Warriors. Although I guess we may have to throw in a 1st rounder to Atlanta.

lw17 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe morey should bring in all the people that kept trying to tell everyone his spacing was so valuable and let them pitch to teams the idea of the big stiff guy standing way behind their 3pt line and how much him just being out there makes the team better because he creates so much spacing.

I mean, you need someone delusional enough to have actually believed that crap to make it convincing.

lw17, J.R., ReignSupreme and 3 others like this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would trade Anderson for anyone that could actually play and provide valuable minutes at this point. 20 mil guy who can’t even get on the court because he’s not good enough is pathetic.

lw17 likes this.
  15. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I think ATL could get more for Bazemore than Anderson and a pick.

16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Other possibilities that I would consider productive players with bad contracts;
    Allen Crabbe@ 19M
    DeMarrae Carroll@ 14M
    Kenneth Faried@ 12M

Tyson Chandler@ 13M plus Bender @4.4M Does Phoenix give up on Bender when they draft Luka?

What if the Spurs blow it up?
    Pau Gasol@ 16M, we send a couple of 2nd RD picks.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This.

Last year, even though he sucked in the playoffs, at least he showed up for regular season and no one wanted to touch him in a trade.

This season he has sucked in the playoffs and regular season.

Why would any sensible GM want this scrub especially at his price tag?

lw17 likes this.
  18. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Anderson, the real meaning of winning the lottery. A worthless piece of life gets to watch the rockets for free court side and getting paid 20m for doing nothing.

luckyman76 and lw17 like this.
  19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

LeBron would take less flack than Durant because he would opt in and be traded to Houston, not leaving his team high and dry in free agency with no assets in return, like Durant did to OKC.

Bearius Jones likes this.
  20. saleem

It's the classic example of overlying on analytics and data! Our shooting percentage will go up and open the floor...

xtruroyaltyx likes this.