1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is going to be a Sweep by the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, May 14, 2018.

1. Slim

Slim Contributing Member

LOL!

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Thanks to OP I’m getting all sorts of book recommendations below with “sweep” in the title from Amazon.

D-rock, lw17, whiskeyred and 2 others like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

You said the same thing about the Astros in October.... just stfu and drink a coke.

lw17, Invisible Fan, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Dudes, there is a reason we won 65 games this year. There is a reason we won 2/3 from GSW this year. We dispatched two up-trending teams in Minnesota and Utah. Winning is 90 percent skill/preparation 10 percent luck. We have two of the best floor generals and iso players. They're gonna have to rise to another level... throw out the playbook and start having fun out there. They've been very tight and cautious. Time to let it all ride and play off each other.

D-rock, BigShasta and mikol13 like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Were the refs favoring the Rockets when Ariza had 5 fouls after a dozen minutes? The refs also didn't call a lot of fouls against the Warriors that would have sent the Rockets to the line. The Rockets SHOULD win the free throw battle, that is how the Rockets are designed.

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets must adjust. Less iso-ball and more ball movement. The bench must show up. At this point forget fear and let it rip. If we get swept, we get swept. The supporting cast is playing too tight. Just play ball and see what happens.

7. Miracle

Miracle Member

Agreed. GSW has KD on James and Draymond on Clint. So a high pick n roll would not lead to a mismatch.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Miracle

Miracle Member

While the offense needs to be improved, there are a lot more that needs to be improved on the defense. Giving up so many open shots to GSW's shooters is not acceptable.

D-rock and darksoul35 like this.
  9. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I still think the Rockets can and will win the series....but only if they win game 2. Game 2 is a must win. We cant go to GS down 0-2

butterball likes this.
  10. basketballholic

That exactly it. Talent and versatility. And honestly, the Jazz were missing a huge component of their defense with Rubio at the top. Or we would have had a way worse time against them.

11. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

wait till Wednesday ,it will change to cooking ...

butterball likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's weird how much deja-vu I felt in last night's game compared to years past against the Warriors.

This year's team was supposed to have a different fire to it. I didn't see it.

RyanB and da_juice like this.
  13. MyLateRegistration

Because you don't know basketball. So just don't talk about it.

14. RyanB

RyanB Member

i don't care if they sweep us, i want to see the bench playing well, and avoiding the dumb turnovers
    i mean, we're facing a ridiculous historic team with 4 great players
    we're going nowhere without at least another big addition like Lebron

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not only does the team need to be better, but some of you fans need to be better. We are down 1-0, not 3-0. The games have to be played.

The Rockets May or may not win the series, but they are still in it and I’m surely not jumping ship.

It’s “Run as One” not Front Run as One.

D-rock, whiskeyred and butterball like this.
  16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You can't stop the Warriors offense. However, you can't say the same on Houston's offense. Golden State's defense is designed to counter whatever Harden and CP3 are doing. Isolation is predictable and it doesn't take a brain to play defense against ISO.

17. Coach E

Coach E Member

aren’t you the guy who made a thread that only had rockets winning options? Then replied “those who predicting warriors don’t get to vote”

Lol

18. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

Long time Rockets fan here. Block me if you want but if the Rockets lose game 2, no way in hell are they going to beat GS 4 out of 5.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Are the Brooms being purchased?

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm proud of you.gif