1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we start Ryno?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Red Nation RGV, May 14, 2018.

1. Asian Sensation

Start him? No.

Give him a chance? As in more than 5 minutes? I would. Especially tonight.

I know it’s popular choice to hate on Ryno on this board and I’m not gonna say it’s not justified but you gotta play him at least 10 mins and let him launch 3 shots minimum. Playing him only 5 mins and saying he sucks cause he missed his 1 attempt is downright ignorant if you consider 2 things.

1) The bench guys that normally get minutes were off for the most part especially as a whole and they were getting torched on D anyways. Watching PJ and Luc blow layup after layup should’ve been a sign to try something different.

2) So we put in Nene. Okay? But there’s no Javale or Zaza hmm. Come to find out we put in Nene to play peremiter D. On Durant. Wtf? Not just for a possession where he got switched on but for the entire 6 minutes Nene was in he was defending the peremiter against KD on multiple possessions. Was that real life? Wyd Dantoni?

Those should’ve been Ryno’s minutes and it would’ve been the 10 mins I’m talking about.

Even Nick Young came in and got 15 mins. Launched 5 threes made 3. Mission accomplished. Job well done.

Jake Tower likes this.
  2. Asian Sensation

And if it wasn’t Ryno for more than 5 mins it should’ve been Joe Johnson at least. He’s been non existent for the most part and not good in the limited opportunity he’s been given but he’s the only other playmaker on the bench aside from Ego and when Ego is dribbling off his foot, making bad passes and missing 3’s I would’ve tried him before Nene for sure as well.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

So if the argument is your teammates won't be making the shots then whats the point of having a spacer who is a defensive liability?

You can't argue Anderson is a superior spacer and then blame his teammates for not making their shots. A spacer should be helping his teammates make their shots otherwise he's not really a good spacer.

Pointing out good games here and there don't mean anything, Corey Brewer had 81 pts that one time I guess we should sign him back. On average Anderson sucks, period. Thats why he is only getting 5 mins per game otherwise he would play more.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly agree with this. Pj tucker just needs to be on green and make him a non factor. Bodies are what we are going to need to beat a team like the warriors. The pick and pop that paul used to run with Anderson is exactly what we need to bring back. Whatever it takes to stretch that floor...

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anderson is also a defensive liability if you put him in for 10 mins and he shoots 2 times and missed all his shots you just lost the game. Last year during the last game against the Spurs he was -30 thats the kind of negative impact he can have on a team defensively.

KD taking on Nene in the perimeter is a lot better than KD taking Anderson in the post for an And 1.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has virtually no rhythm in the playoffs, he can still make 3 out of 5 from downtown but he isn't going to improve the D by much.

Joe Johnson, I just dun see that guy no more.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe Anderson isn't playing because MDA realized he sucks, ever thought of that?

Check out Anderson's plus minus and compare it to Tucker and Luc, thats why Anderson isn't playing anymore he sucks.

It doesn't matter whether Anderson hits 3-7 or 0-3 he is a defensive liability and we will get blown out if he plays major mins, he sucks.

It doesn't matter what you say he sucks, period.

I actually want MDA to play Anderson major mins now just to shut up everyone. 28% from 3 you think he is the difference between winning and being down 0-2? Career 3.6 attempts you want him to have PT to be different? Why not play Joe Chee then, thats even more different than Anderson seeing pt.

Maybe it's because you lack empathy, you can't see yourself in MDA's shoes. Your season is on the line, your job and legacy might be on the line and you want to entrust everything to the biggest mental midget on the team? Dude who has gone 0-2 pts the last few games? LOL

8. Asian Sensation

Anderson has sucked you’re right but he hasn’t gotten a real opportunity this post season. You know who has sucked really bad in all 6 games this post season since he’s been back?

Luc. In just under 20mpg he’s shooting 26% from the field and 17% from 3 and he hasn’t slowed down anybody he’s guarded and his winning plays/intangibles are missing. 0-6 tonight looked lost and scared. You wanna trash a guy that hasn’t gotten minutes while dismissing the guy who’s been killing us based off of reputation and past performance? Okay.

forchette49 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stop thinking Luc is a player on offense, Luc has been a defensive player first and foremost in his entire career.

Yes, his Offense stats got an increase because he played with CP in LA.

He overachieved in the regular season.

39% and 33-35% from 3 would be a normal night for Luc. The playoffs wear out role players.

10. MichaelSpartan

Sometimes I think we play better without Mbah a Moute. When we were on a tear during the second half of the season, he happened to be injured. When we struggled in late December, Mbah a Moute played prominently, albeit not that good offensively. Since he's been back, he hasn't gotten any semblance of a stride back. His stats are inconsistent. I think he and Ryno are shot, and part of the debris we need to cleanup this offseason. Clearly they can't do their roles efficiently enough. In the meantime, maybe Ryno should feature more again before departing.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

having bad shoulders would hurt his defence as well

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ryan Anderson trash as F

13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Mda puts ryno on the bench for a long time make him sucks. No playing conditions. It wastes a shooter for houston. It is diffcult to hope eric gordon to get 2x pts every matches

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

It took 50 games for MDA to just realize all of a sudden that Ryno "sucks." Okay... He's also now this "mental midget" that is just tragically lost, give me a break. Go look up Ryno's stats from all 3 of our regular season games versus the Warriors. He received major miniutes and we won 2 out of 3 games. And you think it's just this crazy idea that he might be able to give the Warriors a different look and spread the floor a bit more than Nene on offense!? Wow. Ok, keep trotting Nene out there and we're definitely, no question, better off. Lol

Oh man, I hope you eat some big time crow. Can't wait for Wednesday...

Oh, and you still haven't answered my question about what in game adjustments you would make then. And don't be captain obvious with "gotta get into our offense sooner" or "less ISO ball."

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the big thing here is. . . .no more PARKING LOT 3's for him . .. not now
    Sit him in the corner . . .. the corner is his sweet spot. . .that is where he should park

Rocket River

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

We need him big time... buttttttttttttt i dont have any faith in the guy.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

wtf happened to this guy ...useless hack

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ryno and eric suck. Dont know why they cannot score

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I don’t think we win this series without Ryno. So I don’t know. But we need a couple 3s a game from him to keep the defense on their toes

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

YES! Run a play for him off the bat.
    If he hesitates pull him. If we can get Ryno rolling the worriers are in trouble if we get the same priibtion form our big 3.