1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets BIG 3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, May 5, 2018.

1. MystikArkitect

I’m referencing Kevin Durant’s analysis that Capela has an easy job.

DonKnock, Smacktle and heypartner like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Tfor3, DonKnock, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Joe Cheese is the Durant Stopper in the playoffs

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

We’d still be better off from with Thon Maker though

5. MyLateRegistration

Gordon is not that good for us to have a "Big 4". He scored 25 points and what? What about the other 7 playoffs games, where he was? We just enough have a Big 3.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He did have the 119th best win shares/ 48 minutes of all time this season. Which is right in the middle of 3 Larry Bird, 3 Lebron James, 1 Wilt, 1 Kareem, 1 Kevin Garnet, 1 Karl Malone, 1 David Robinson season(s) those are all within 5-7 better or worse than what Capela did this year.

Part of that is Morey's game plan I suppose. Or perhaps not, he does not shoot 3's. But is just extremely efficient and has a couple players on his team throwing some decent passes. haaa

Regardless it's amazing. Perhaps he can have a top 50-75ish season next year. If so the Rockets should not drop off much wins wise, unless under extreme negative circumstances.

Smacktle and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Gobert is certainly up there and plenty of room to grow, but he is no Draymond Green, as much as I despise Green. Gobert was always going to be abused on switches and never going to be a threat to Capela offensively. Green is not a scorer, but he can explode for games and he will dish out 7+ assists per game while setting screens for his teammates like a coach's son. I guess it's subjective on my part, I have never seen Gobert have the kind of defensive impact that Green has had in a playoff series.

I'm not going to ignore how well Green has dealt with the Harden/Capela PnR. Which is to say, he loses that battle, but he minimizes it more than anyone else. He is without question the best C in the league at guarding Harden on the switch. And his partner at the 4 is more than willing to put his lightning 6'11 frame to use guarding the perimeter or interior help defense.

Those guys are a different animal. Kerr will implement the Spurs defense just as Thibs did and just as Snyder is trying to. Chase Harden off the line into 2 good interior defenders. But Green/Durant are just a better defensive unit at the 4/5 than all those teams.

As long as Harden ignores getting fouled without calls, we should be fine. If he allows that to fester, we're in trouble. I've been watching the old series and these guys know how to get Harden mentally out while themselves staying in. Yes winning cures all, but I'm glad we have management that anticipates easily expected obstacles beforehand.

Hey, I dislike his attitude more than you do. Just like opponents HATED Bev when he was here. But we need to deal with reality here. If Capela brings his regular season average to the Warriors playoff series, he has done his part.

In truth, to take these guys down, Capela and Anderson have to wear Green out by making him chase Capela in transition/pnr and Anderson out to 30 feet.

darksoul35 and D-rock like this.
  8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Absolutely. Dude had an incredible season and I expect growth from him after he's digested the championship run. Just saying, we are good enough to beat the Warriors if Capela keeps his regular season averages going. We should not be disappointed if Capela's performance drops against a better defensive team and player.

Smacktle and peleincubus like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just looked and Harden is currently have the 9th best win shares / 48 in the playoffs, (for a single playoff year) so far. The guy is killlling it.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And also... ( sorry I keep posting about this stuff) but Capela is having the 19th best win share per 48 for the playoffs this year, of all time. Right ahead of Dirk's I believe championship run lol.

Here are the links. Look at advanced playoff stats... https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/capelca01.html

and here is the top seasons of all time. https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_per_48_season_p.html

I don't see how Clint's agent doesn't use stats like this and say give me MONEY. My client is 24 and putting up some interesting stats.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He stops Durantula from playing garbage time.

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Was this meant for someone else? Didn't say anything about Harden.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah it was. I was somewhat continuing what we were talking about. Sorry for the confusion.

Mathloom likes this.
  14. MichaelSpartan

True that. I envision Capela having longevity and success throughout his career. The league's not gonna sleep on him next season.

15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Big 4 — Gerald Green

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. H-Town Rockets Guy

I think we have a BIG 4 as well. Harden, CP3, Capela, and EG is our big 4. I know Eric Gordon has struggled shooting the ball in this playoffs. Its just a matter of time, he will find his shooting touch. I think the few days of rest before the Conference Finals is a blessing in that regard. I know it will be tough to beat Golden State 4 times in a series. But, Cleveland beat them in the Finals when they won 73/82 regular season games. If any Team has a chance to dethrone them, it will be our Rockets. Just Believe in our Team....I know our Players are confident that we can beat them regardless of what the so called "Experts" say. These are the same" Experts" that picked Rockets to finish 7th, or 8th in the West...some of these fools even doubted that we could make the playoffs. I expect our players to raise our level of play this series and why not, we done it in the regular season, we beat them twice. Those games felt like Playoff games with all that intensity that both teams brought. Go ROCKETS!!

17. SDsportsjunkie

You mean Draymond the Fouler? If the officials call a clean game, Green will ride the pine.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Voltik

Voltik Member

Won’t happen, Green was bear hugging Malone style on Davis in the last series without foul calls. I doubt Capela or Tucker get better treatment than a superstar like Davis.

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Joe Ingles was allowed to run block for Mitchell in Utah series, Draymond will surely get away with his grabbing drag down techniques.

Donkey Green is a dirty ass injury causing MFer.

MyLateRegistration and Tfor3 like this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes he is

D-rock likes this.