1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An arrest has been made in the cold case for the East Area Rapist.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I thought the statute of limitations on rape and murder expires after 27 years?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nope.

Ziggy likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh I'm sure this guy will get the special treatment. Even Nancy Pelosi will want to press the button.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You seriously think him being a cop had nothing to do with him evading arrest all these years?

Rocket River

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even if they don't cover for him, him knowing how the police operate, how they investigate a crime scene, etc would be useful information. He could also get some insider information to know where the investigation is going so he can steer clear. Since he was a guy that supposedly did his homework on victims, he probably did his homework on the investigation as well.

6. Buck Turgidson

All of their death row inmates are in solitary confinement or "administrative segregation". They have no interaction with the "normals".

At least this is what I read, could be wrong.

7. Nook

Nook Member

He did at least one murder, a string of rapes and several hundred break ins before he was an officer.

It is very unlikely that other cops covered for him so he could keep raping and murdering. In fact he shot his gun at point blank range, and barely missed killing an officer.

After he was caught stealing, he was let go by the police department.

Most of his evasive actions, like avoiding fingerprints etc were already being utilized before he was an officer.

It is creepy as hell that someone that he was an officer but there was no blue wall.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Just picked up the Mcnamara book. Can't wait to read!!!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/golden-state-killer-dna-report/index.html

So it's confirmed: they use DNA websites to find him lol

Basically used their partial DNA samples to get potential family trees from a DNA service and worked through the ones who were old enough to look for suspects. They then got a discarded DNA sample from his property and got a match to the old DNA evidence.

What a time to be alive

B-Bob likes this.
  10. jacoby

jacoby Member

That sounds really, really sketchy. I'm worrying about LE overreach from this point forward.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say anything of the sort. I asked you a question. Which you didn't answer.

13. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

This is mostly true. Its like fake death row & a lot of taxpayer money is spent on the charade.
    However, I do remember Tookie Williams being executed not too long ago.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

So, I finished the book by Michelle McNamara.

In it, it mentioned (a couple of times) that cops had a hunch that this guy was trained in law enforcement or military based on how he operated.

They also knew that this guy, in addition to raping, and later on murdering, used to steal personal stuff.

After his arrest, they interviewed his supervisor who fired David DeAngelo when he worked at the PD and was caught stealing.

Am I the only one seeing how incompetent these investigators were??

I mean they suspected back then that this guy had law enforcement training and they also knew he likes to steal. All they had to do was go around looking for some guy who worked in PD who might have an issue stealing stuff???? And the supervisor did not bring this up?? Like ever??? Only now he thought about it??? LOL!

This guy was good but wasn't exactly a genius. The cops and investigators were incompetent while the crimes were going on. If you read the book, you will laugh at how they handled some of the situations.

#54 Zboy, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    B-Bob likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Missing the clues in that scenario of yours doesn't seem that crazy to me... like... not at all. Also, they're just cops, not astronauts (in Whalberg Boston accent).

16. droxford

droxford Member