1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Restaurant prices?!?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, Apr 4, 2018.

1. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Man just come down to my restaurant if you want a good date night. I will give you the Clutchfans discount. I am not there all the time so you gotta let me know before you just show up.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. droxford

droxford Member

Grilled chicken breast? (Tasty; Not fast-food; Not way overpriced)

NOTE: Thanks for the recommendation for FM Kitchen!

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Goode Co. BBQ does the best with their poultry (there are better places to get other meats.) Not as cheap, but you can get a lb of chicken & two sides for $30.

Jax grill also has a good Mesquite grilled Chicken Breast served with rice pilaf & veggies for $9.

Monterrey Little Mexico I recall being decent. I rarely order that, so this is all from recollection in my head.

My favorite bang for the buck places are Zabak's and Don Carlos. I've always been very satisfied with their prices. (although you're look at a chicken shwarma and chicken fajitas, respectively.)

4. Buck Turgidson

I hear ya, but sometimes I just really want fajitas and don't want to take the time to make/buy all the fixins, especially if I'm only cooking for me or me +1 (I need a little guac, sour cream, chips, salsa, queso, pico, rice, beans, good tortillas, etc...) so I just bite the bullet. Of course this is the only restaurant w/in 45 minutes of me that has good fajitas, and they don't take credit cards, so that helps me often dissuade myself when the craving arises. I love cooking fajitas for backyard/campground group festivities though.

https://www.tamalekingrestaurant.com/

Also, skirt steak isn't bad at all as long as you're buying the "outside skirt". It's from the diaphragm area and tender, as opposed to the "inside skirt" that's more from the belly/abs and is way chewier.

Blake likes this.
  5. Asian Sensation

Ya know you could always stick to Whataburger breakfast taquitos and swishing picante packets in your mouth and nibbling at the picante bits.

marky :), Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

In NYC. Just paid $26 for a very OK burger. Miss Houston.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Where is your restaurant?

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just thinking of this makes me sick.

9. Bob Barker 007

There are ways to get around the prices, especially at Pappasito's. The fajita lunch portions at Pappasito's are plenty big, and they are much cheaper than the fajitas on the dinner menu. Lunch runs every day, including Sundays. One also gets to avoid the massive dinner crowds by going at lunch. It's just a much better experience all around. And if other places charge as much as Pappasito's, then it better be worth it. It's not too hard to find fajitas that are worth the cost.

A_3PO likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Exactly this.

When I was young and poorish, there was a Ninfa's inside the Loop around Kirby/59. They had a top notch happy hour for drinks, and a free buffet. And they would let you take a to-go box home from the free buffet. I ate so many chimichangas, tacos, nachos, etc.... I really don't miss being that desperate.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have no problem spending money on a good meal. I'd always rather have quality over quantity

12. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

My place is located in Humble, It is called Asian City.

cheke64 likes this.
  13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Nice! I grew up in kingwood and used to eat there all the time. Still do on occasion.

Not sure if you wanted a serious answer.

But I can name you some of the better places around there.

-Chez Nous
    -Amedeos
    -Italianos
    -Pete’s Burger Place
    -Curry House
    -Curry Sultan
    -Nitro Nectar (amazing gluten free waffles)
    -Tin Roof bbq
    -Taste dis place
    -Titas Taco House
    -Tacos Flores
    -Nara Thai
    -Taste of Korea
    -Rising Sun

#73 DudeWah, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  14. body slam

body slam Member

Hate to say it but at those prices I don't think I would enjoy my meal no matter how good the food is.

15. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

That's cool. Didn't think I would find many Kingwood people on this board. Also Amedeos quality has went down drastically. You know the last time I went there the food was like piles of mush. I was super disappointed. Because I always go to his other restaurant before it flooded ... can't think of the name right now, it was by that sharkys.

Dude, I just rolled out a new happy hour at my restaurant. It is every night $2 domestics and $2.50 imports on beers. There is also food stuff too on the happy hour. Let me know if any of you guys around the area want to try some of my new menu items. I would love some opinions.

DudeWah and ima_drummer2k like this.
  16. The Boz

The Boz Member

Don't forget Hippo Burger. Best burger in the area.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Was it Raffa's or something like that?

I've been to Asian City several times, always enjoyed it. My kids love your chefs - especially the flaming onion trick they do. Haha.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've been going to Asian City for over 20 years.

19. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Yes Raffa's!

That is awesome to hear. Yea everyone loves the onion volcano. We are lucky to have such a great team of chefs. In a high turnover industry, we have maintained a lot of our core crew.

That's great, I always like hearing from my long time customers. This year marks 24 years since we opened in 1994.
    We are going to try to do something next year for the 25th year anniversary.

There are a lot more people on this board in this area than I thought.

watashi315 likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

after doing my google research I realized that I have gone there before. For my 18th birthday they took me there. Chef was throwing spatulas and eggs in the air very acrobatic stuff. Nice place.