1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Eddie Griffin prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Because of his addiction I predict that Eddie will smoke weed and gain 40-50 lbs. over the next season or two. His agents will convince an organization to give the new bigger EG a chance and he will make the most of it.

It's gotta hurt to play at the highest level then be embarrassed by your own mistakes. Supervision, counselling and prayer will get Eddie back in the league, let's just hope that the pot won't get him kicked out again.

Good luck Eddie.

2. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

EG will be back! yall feel me.....

straight up man i think EG will eventually be a rocket again. once he clears all his personal problems out and is ready to play, he'll sign back with the rockets and the rockets are going to want them back. i even seen some clips of him working out a couple weeks ago in a gym and lemme tell yall somethin, this kid done developed some post moves. Not just that but his dribbling has imporved him a lot which now allows him to put the ball on the floor. I know yall seen a couple PFs and even centers (the dream) try to do a crossover but wait till u see eddie's cross! its quick enough to get a PF and also looks beautiful, you know just so smooth.

but if rockets don't sign EG, well....it will be a big mistake cuz believe he will blossom and have a great career and once again the rockets will make a dumb decision and let a good player get away.

hey if the rockets can release alton "give me some playing time" ford and then sign him back, why can't they do that with eddie "i smoke with mo taylor" griffin?

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

:rolleyes:
    So Eddie has improved more in 2 Months than he has in 2years? Whatever chief. Eddie is a lot of trouble. I'm glad he's gone.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Not that it particularly diminishes the point of your post, but weed, like most poisons, actually causes you to LOSE weight.

Of course, if weed somehow causes him to lazily lie around eating twinkie wiener sandwiches, I suppose it'd be a different story. But I think dope is probably the very least of his concerns at this point.

5. Another Brother

Well you don't know addiction very well.

6. mduke

mduke Member

He'll go to the Blazers and become the next Kevin Garnett.:mad:

7. Hippieloser

I respect your view and I'm not trying to get into anything with you over this. I don't in any way mean to trivialize substance abuse, but I mean, we are talking about weed here. I understand if you disagree, but I myself don't believe that weed is addictive, and I've done quite a bit of first-hand research into the matter. You might say I'm a human petri dish, yet here I am having quit the stuff easily cold turkey about 2 years ago after having been an every-day smoke kinda guy.

On the other hand, Eddie's got felony assault charges against him and he's just become unemployed. Those problems are quite a bit more worrisome than a bit of overindulgance in my view.

In any case, I'm sure we can both agree he's not ready to go back on the road as a pro basketball player at this point.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He'll turn into a Rober Horry type roll player. He'll coast in the NBA on his talent alone but never will be as good as he could have been.

I'm just using Horry as an example, I think Griffin has more potential then he does.

9. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

UHF fan?

Sorry for going off topic, here's my prediction. He'll get on another team by the playoff deadline, and hopefully sort his life out.

10. Another Brother

Point well taken. Nice post.

11. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

To Eddie, I say good riddence.

I am getting tired of seeing Rockets in the headline for".... EG charged with assault.." or " Drug Possession"...

Rockets have been very supportive of its players for long enough, but the last thing we need is distractions, the faint possibility of EG coming back, the Power Forward we need.. There is too much unsettlings.

Eddie, be gone for good.

12. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

he didn't have anything to do in those 2 months, cops were after him, rockets were calling him, it was just him, a court and a few blunts.......thats it.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Oh okay...this WAS a joke. LOL. My bad. I thought you were serious. :)

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

If he late-blooms the way Jermaine O'Neal did, that's gonna hurt.

15. Hippieloser

Good job! You get to drink from the FIRE HOSE!

16. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Read: Leon Smith

17. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

mar1juana isn't THAT addictive... I predict Eddie will eventually bounce back and have a decent nba career with some other team. I don't think he has the offensive skills to be an allstar type player or anything, though.

18. lalala902102001

Time to trade Eddie's ass. :D

Oh wait...never mind. I'm wasted...

19. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Bunking with Leon Smith.

20. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I wish him well. Good luck Eddie.