1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We found our Draymond Green!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Mar 27, 2018.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Also, he was actually missing his shots.

But yeah, ESPN was making him do it.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lol ... There’s a lot of love for donkey on this board...:rolleyes:

Go Rockets!!!

napalm06 likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Good streak?

Try better career.

Draymond had one good year shooting the three.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

he wasn't brought here to be a scorer, what you see him doing on the other end was the bigger reason.

MorningZippo likes this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Green's just a bit better on defense, but he's in the stratosphere for sure. Also a better spot up 3 point shooter.

Obviously Green leads his team in assists which is a skillset that Tucker doesn't have, but when you have Harden and Paul it's fine.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is just one part of the game, neither shoot that many threes in a game and Draymond's overall field goal percentage kills PJ's

7. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

I don't, I'm critical of all Rockets, but he's not a better shooter and I don't believe he's he's far superior on the defensive end. I think you're getting wrapped up in all his hype cause of the Team he's on, the controversy he brings and the media's love of the Warriors. If he's not on the the Warriors I honestly don't think he sniffs an all star game.. is he a better player yes but not as much as you say..imo

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

No I woudn´t.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

not at all, the numbers back it up as to when he is on the court and he is off it. I'm not saying he is an All Star, i'm just saying he is better than PJ Tucker. shooting isn't just threes you know and Tucker takes most of his threes from the same spot that are set up for him.

when Tucker can average at least 10ppg 7rpg 7apg then get back to me, he has never ever been close to those numbers....................you will argue about the shooters, well Draymond had a 25pt 11reb 8ast game the other day, Tucker could never do that. Draymond did that without any other stars on the team

10. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

No I could never support that mouth breathing, donkey from shrek incarnation

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

This was my favorite signing. He has changed the mentality of the defense & not really labeled SOFT like before.

Funny how he acts all mean and pissed off on the court but in person he's the nicest guy..... you could never tell he would play like that.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Tucker's defensive RPM is 0.62
    Green's defensive RPM is 2.79

• DRPM: Player's estimated on-court impact on team defensive performance, measured in points allowed per 100 defensive possessions

that is a big difference

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

For me it is not just one guy, For the Golden State the combination of Green, Iguodala, Livingston was huge. Livingston was the last to join the party. For the Rockets, Luc, Tucker, Gordon made all the difference. Think back to the Rockets and the minute you added Elie, Horry, and Cassell they become other level. All those guys are well round and play defense and I love all those guys, even though the first 3 play for the bad guys. The only one I would leave off my team is the Donkey, he can play but....f**k him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More luv for the Donkey from Shrek.

15. tbw914

tbw914 Member

I love PJ and everything he brings to the team from versatile defender, corner shooter, and just coming up with every loose ball but he not on Draymonds level. Green can bring it up the floor, is a former defensive player of the year and can be a serious triple double threat

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Doesn’t matter.

For this team with what we ask him to do he’s about as valuable as that guy. Can guard all positions. Plays tough down low, keeps people accountable on D and crucially important for offense he can knock down the three.

17. tbw914

tbw914 Member

Draymond won DPOY. PJ won't even get all defense. Draymond is a triple double threat Pj stands in the corner on offense. Like its not even close. But i loveee pj and think he is a great role player

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

PJ may be the worst layup taker I have seen in the NBA. I cheer loudly every time he makes a layup. I think he did it THREE times last night! No coincidence that we won in a blowout.

kingkingston likes this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He does what we ask him to do.

I think you are missing the point.

Tucker does not do the same things green does. What he does do is provide a defensive backbone and toughness and offensively he does what he’s asked to do which is stand in the corner and hit threes.

He’s OUR version of Draymond. Doing the things within OUR system that makes him a vital piece.

Rockets4lf and hakeem94 like this.
  20. tbw914

tbw914 Member

Completely agree with this and again i love PJ. But what i thought you were saying is that PJ is a better fit than draymond which just isnt true in my opinion