1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to sign Joe Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 10, 2018.

1. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Paul/Gordon
    Harden/Green/JJ
    Ariza/Luc
    PJ/Anderson
    Capela/Nene/Wright

That's pretty damn good right there.

BigMaloe, alethios, amaru and 2 others like this.
  2. dryasdarwin

dryasdarwin New Member

nomiz1987 likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Johnson and Chris Paul last second shots in playoffs last season.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  4. jsingles

jsingles Member

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Hi Eddie Johnson. In playoff games, there will be games where Harden and Paul both can't get it going. Joe Johnson gives us an offense option and most likely if there is a game on the line at the final seconds, I expect JJ to be out there. Not only for offense reasons, but also Rockets players learn from JJ. Win win win.....

BigMaloe, Deuce, ramotadab and 5 others like this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No doubt. JJ can create his own shot. He will be the escape valve whenever the team goes on a scoring drought (unlikely with so much firing power, but very nice to have nonetheless).

ramotadab, DonKnock and bloodwings19 like this.
  7. H-Town Rockets Guy

Welcome Joe Johnson to Houston. He will be a great addition to our bench especially for the playoffs. Assuming we are healthy going into the playoffs, we can play against any matchups and have a great chance to win. Warriors are loaded and they maybe adding buyout veterans in the next couple of weeks as well. Regardless, we can match up well with them. Having JJ down the stretch may help us give some of our key player some rest before the playoffs begins. I sure hope that D'Antoni extends his rotatation to 10 players atleast.

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is the best way now the team has ultimate flexibility. The best thing is it is time for Cp3 and Hardens minutes to come down

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Makes sense. He is after all Iso Joe not Passer Joe. He knows where he can get ISOs.

BigMaloe, Deuce, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  11. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Joe knows

DonKnock and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Welcome Joe

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It would, wouldn't it. Wow. It didn't occur to me, Roc Paint. No one can say that we don't take care of our superstars and their "Friends of Superstars." Oh, and Sir Charles can keep his trap shut about that. Less is no more. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't count on Green being ahead of Joe in the rotation. Maybe if Johnson needs a couple of games to settle in, but I'll be surprised if Green, who I like a lot, by the way, loses some minutes. Heck, with MDA, who knows for sure who'll play? Joe and Green could be on the court together, or Green could end up with garbage minutes. I doubt that last, though. Green's been instant offense, and his defense looks like it's improving.

I'm getting dizzy from the possibilities, the combinations! We just got 2 more veteran players who are far from chump change. That's with a lineup already here that looked pretty loaded to me, one I'd go to war with. Morey just made it better. How crazy is that? :eek:

#373 Deckard, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    bj3175 and Roc Paint like this.
  14. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Love this! Anything to stick it to GS. I hope it pays off for ISO Joe and the rest of the guys. Very happy with the moves so far, I feel like we are very solid all the way through the roster. Less minutes for everyone down the stretch to come into the playoffs healthy should be the goal!

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

To me getting Joe Johnson is equivalent or better than getting Melo at this stage of his career. Think about it.

16. aroundtheblock2

Joe Johnson cannot play the 1, not even close and he can't play the 2 either, then you consider that he can also barely defend 3s, and he doesn't have the size to defend 5s...Joe Johnson will almost exclusively be played as a small ball 4. End of story. No he won't be a ball handler and no he won't be expected to defend fantastically. Joe Johnson is most likely going to be a guy that the Rockets can play every other game and count on a few buckets in limited minutes. Its good he shoots the 3 ball well, because he's going to have to do that here when he's in the game.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

People forget quickly

ramotadab and BigShasta like this.
  18. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DonKnock and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

And didn't have to give up a darn thing to get him

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Beautifully said. I wish I could "love" your post rather than just "like" it. <3

bj3175 likes this.