1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Toyota Center changes should Tilman make?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 2, 2018.

?

What changes should he make?

1. Change seating plans and prices

56 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Bring in better food choices at lower prices

16 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. show more advertising for Texas and US residences

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Replace Les Alexander's appearance on murals with Golden Nugget Ads

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

....take 45 North...?

3. SAT Prep

SAT Prep Member

To be the devil's advocate here, I have a friend with corporate seats in the lower bowl. They probably have about 10 of them. There was a game this season where most of the family could not go and she wanted to sell the tickets, but found it to be an inconvenience to do so. These "rich fu**s" you speak of would have no problem letting a troup of boyscouts/girlscouts sit in their seats. The key is to make it as easy as possible. I know for a fact that if she could have just pushed a button on her phone, those seats would have been filled that game. Don't be so pessimistic my friend. Those rich fu**s are just like you and me. They still possess that child like love for a game.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I'm with you on this. Im 6'5" and literally can't sit up there. Sort of limits my buying options.

Also, to help with the late arriving crowd, go back to 7:30 start times. Let's people go out and eat if need be as well as deal with traffic better.

Bäumer and hvic like this.
  6. rockets13champs

tinman and Caesar like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Please get rid of the Comets section of banners, and get a little more Rockets banners on displays (most teams do individualize conference championships and division championship banners).

Its inexplicable that the Comets are still allotted an entire corner for banner space. The team doesn't exist anymore, their best years were in the summit, and the color scheme doesn't fit with the rest of the arena (let alone their banners are so over-the-top, they seem like the main tennant).

Snow Villiers and tinman like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’d be cool if I never had to watch a random schools elementary students dance for 15 minutes ever again.

9. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

You again . . . haven't I schooled you enough. You haven't nor ever will win a conversation with me. You aren't bright enough. You know this. I taught you already and put you in place at least ten times.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Schooled. You have some of the worst posts here. Bunch of nonsense

Ketchup&Mustard likes this.
  11. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Goodness . . . even that post doesn't make any sense. Schooled is in reference to direct conversing of the past, not unrelated posts. But anything you view as nonsense is because you lack ability. It's all great content.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Your post regarding the Toyota center was filled with garbage content. And yeah again it's a good thing you don't go often

Funny you're talking about lack of ability. You're crying about kiss cam. That's probably bc you lack the ability to do so. Is that why you're really upset

13. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

I've already invited you to Try to make a point against my Toyota Center post. Be my guest.

I'm known as a great kisser. I make them melt unlike anything you would have seen before.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

First, give this city an NHL team! Houston will love hockey; it's similar to football in a lot of ways. Toyota Center would be a great home.

Second, fixing the seating is a must. Bill Simmons said HOU is a bottom 3 worst crowd. Though Simmons' takes are usually trash, he's right on that one. It's embarrassing. Even the beginning of playoff games aren't popping. The place should be rocking and there shouldn't be any empty seats on the lower bowl. Instead, half of it is typically empty. The Summit seemed to have such a better vibe, we need to get back to that.

Really, Tillman should mirror the Atlanta Falcons and offer $5 beers, and $2-3 hot dogs, burgers, nachos, fries, etc. Can you imagine how much better TC would be if you didn't have to drop $100 on overpriced beer and average food? Tillman has made his money slewing overpriced food down people's throats, so I don't see this as an option, but it sure would be nice.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh that's a pretty easy one. None of your timeout complaints make any sense. Pretty sad actually if you're of age and posting that.

Youre complaining about tickets when you can get tickets as cheap as $20. If you can't afford that then news flash you shouldn't even be going. What, you want the privelage of paying that much and sitting front row. Good luck with that. It doesn't work that way

16. jsingles

jsingles Member

I do like MSG's light structure, more attention on the court.

17. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Good grief . . . those aren't close to better than the current outfits. Are you dating plain Jane by any chance.

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Stop playing same, bad arena timeout musi. Moni Moni?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ban pretentious 99'ers

20. smp

smp Member

Yes!!!!!! That is some cheap BS. Pay some decent performers for half time. I had season tickets in 2007 and we never had crappy half time shows like that.