1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket "fans" make me sick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kyakko, Dec 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

With all the fair weather bashing, perhaps Yao AND Steve shouldn't be on the Rockets. Compared to the other forums, the so called rocket fans are the least supportive and least loyal of anybody. This happens game by game! Dammit, I'm switching over to the Kings forum and officially not a rockets, yao ming, or steve fan now.

2. FadeAway_Dreams

Hate to break it to you but if you let a little bashing turn you away so easily then you also are nothing better than a fair weather fan... assuming you were a fan to begin with? Now, I'll admit, I'm new here and I'm already tired of the bashing but it wont stop me from being a fan. Its ridiculous, the bashing and the giving up. I'd suggest just giving up on the forum even though this is better than the last place I spent time posting at.

3. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

You will be missed.:rolleyes:

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I belive what your saying BUT the only reason people in the kings forum are so damn supportive is becuase they are a winning team, & this teams isnt, well at least not 4 the last 3 years. Us "fans" are used to winning and now that we're not we just over react. This isnt because we are unloyal its becuase we want them to win soooo freakin bad we take it personal some times thats all, well at least IMO. & on a side note u make me sick for this thread just shows how much of a quiter you are by leaving this ROX, Win or Lose i will be here!

5. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Don't let the door hit you in the.........................

6. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

L8R!

I will miss your insightful commentary.

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

I am a fan... I use to be a hardcore Kings fan until Yao Ming joined the Rockets. But I've grown to love them. I'd hate to see anyone get traded, not just the superstars (when I like a team, I hate to see anyone get traded). Now I look up the rockets schedule in anticipation, stay late at work for the pbp chats (everyone knows I'm always there). I get depressed when the Rockets lose and excited when they win, but damn... it's becoming extremely discouraging everytime they lose and I check the forums. There's so little support. Not just constructive critizism, but straight out bashing. We're not even a losing team. It's not only dishearting... but you really do need alot of conviction to stand all this bs

K. Yakko

8. montelwilliams

Fans spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on Rockets tickets and merchandise. Why should we spend our dollars when the finished product is this bad? We have every right to complain if we feel that we are wasting our money on this team of jokers.

9. FadeAway_Dreams

Nice example of what the original post was about. Right on cue! If its such a team of jokers then quit spending your money.

I like this team. I've liked it since watching Hakeem got me hooked. I liked Rudy T. I'm not sold on JVG. I don't like sloppy play that reminds me of playing during lunch hour in high school but I like it when every snaps into place. We're winning and with that should come optimism with the good things that do take place not non stop bashing about every little thing that goes bad.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

What do you expect?? We follow a franchise that had won 2 NBA titles in the '90s and now has missed the playoffs 4 straight seasons.

Why would you expect everyone here to be so lovey-dovey??

Missing the playoffs for 4 straight seasons can make one a little grumpy.

11. cujo

cujo Member

these jokers are 13 and 8.................i hate to see this place when this team has a losing record.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Don't spend your money if you think the product is bad. That makes you an idiot. We were in first place in the toughest conference in all of sports. I think there is too much complaining. How can it be fun to watch a game when all you do is b!tch, even when we are winning? I've been a Rockets fan for a LONG time. I've been a fan for so long because I think it is fun to be a fan. That's why a lot of people don't post in this forum, it is mostly negativity. Lame. :(

But bailing on the Rockets because of the negative, young, "give me everything this instant" fans is pretty lame too.

13. aries323

aries323 Member

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :mad:

14. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Everybody has a right their opinion. Complaining is part of being a fan. Everybodys different and supports the team as best they can.

Although I feel that when a team wins and a player has stats like:

20 pts
    8 rb
    6 assists
    3 steals

and then some fans complains about the 4 turnovers and/or the 40% shooting from the field is bit over the top.

Look we have one of best records in the toughest division in the league and we haven't even starting playing good yet under a new defensive and offensive system.

Nobody is perfect, not Steve, not Jordan, not Hakeem, not Shaq, not even Wilt.

15. xcharged

xcharged Member

Dream may have not been perfect but....

18 points
    16 rebounds
    11 blocks
    and
    10 assists,

against the Milwaukee Bucks on 3/29/90 is pretty damn close.

irrelevant...yes, but sure is fun to throw stats like these around.

-go rockets

16. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I've been a member for a while and I can honestly say that this forum host the most bandwagonish fans the NBA has to offer. They can't help it. You have to understand that we haven't been to the playoffs in a 4 years and that is frustrating. Although I find myself frustrated with them at times, I'm VERY appreciative that we have a young, talented team and ownership that believes in winning. I think that management has done a great job rebuilding this team so that the fans of Houston can have something to look forward to. Yes, mistakes have been made with personnel, but that's NBA life...it happens, get over it! I believe that this team and organization is on the right track and I support them. Don't get me wrong, I do get frustrated with Steve's dumb @ss plays, Yao's softness, Cat's bad decisions and Moochie's everything, but not enough to come here a complain every time they loose. Many "fans" here are quiet when they win and bashing when they loose and the team needs to be traded because the world is turning counter clockwise. It's almost funny, but hey...the "fans" here are what they are, deal with I guess.

17. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Man! what a game that was.....but only 3 other player have a quad-double.

Dream was special. :D

18. freeflowin'

freeflowin' Member

Yeah. Being impatient, whiny - just a sorry bunch of sorry complainers is what it's all about. And I'm not talking about the players. pshhh.

19. spydermex

spydermex Member

Its one of those love hate relationships

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

sports fans in general bash their guys....athletes in houston get a free pass compared to other markets...everyone seems to think red sox fans are the cream of the crop, and they bash their players like crazy...much more vehemently than here.

i'm a huge fan...but don't expect me not to complain when they ask me to pay $50 ticket to watch the same mistakes made over and over again for the past 4 years. as a prior season ticket holder and a lifelong Houstonian and Rockets fan, I've earned the right to b****.