1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Jan 24, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

MDmA is many things, but he's no *******.

2. don grahamleone

Happy Birthday! I hope they announce his birthday at the game in New Orleans and thank him for all his donations of time to the community that's suffered through Harvey. He deserves accolades for his contributions off the court even from other teams. We'll sing his praises for years to come at home games for all the great things he'll do for the team during the playoffs this year. ;)

slothy420, D-rock, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yeah, okay. But he was momentarily an *******.

4. don grahamleone

Nope. He wasn't an *******. He's just coaching and you've disagreed with him. I disagree with him all the time, but dude played the game and knows his offense better than me.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Hopefully there will be garbage time so Green will be able to play but this game doesn't look like it.

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Gmaes like this vs NO where Ariza cant hit ****, i wosh Dantoni would wise the **** up and play Gerald Green. Maybe he gets hot!

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the whole point of having a deep bench is when your starters a playing like garbage - not hitting their shots and not defending.. we were outscored 37-23 in the 2nd quarter.. someone not playing hard? instead of wait for him to play herd, give someone else a chance to play hard...

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's a crying shame this guy is getting 0 minutes while Anderson is STARTING! Especially a game like this where the Rockets can't buy a 3

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

But if guys don’t know what their minutes are then they might be more sad in a win than they are in a loss like this!:rolleyes:

10. threepointshot3

Give Rynos minutes to tucker and Tucker’s to Green. Ryno gets benched

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

If he doesn't get any playing time, like a 10-15 minute game before the all-star break, I would just not suit up any more if I'm Green. Don't care about team spirit and all that. He's got the talent and guys are stinking it up, so it doesn't make any sense not to play him. None!

12. mockster

mockster Member

Green could literally be the difference maker in the pelicans game.

Sometimes people are hot and sometimes people are not.

I don’t see any reason why trying out a player to see if they can create some offense is so against the rule books for MDA 8 man rotation

To many games of Mbah and Tucker scoring no more then 5 points, obviously they bring defense and physicality but still

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

All though I am a fan of Green so far I think the dude is so excited about being back in Houston he is happy with taking on Bobby Browns old job.

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

All though I would normally disagree with you on benching Tucker and Mbah because typically they would bring so much other than offense the thing is we got overpowered by the big guys which Tucker and Mbah or anyone else on the team for that matter had an answer for. So in cases like this were you can't stop bigs you beat them by outscoring them on 3's. Typically I wouldn't suggest this method but its effective vs bigs.

I find it weird that Dantoni' abandons his philosophy that 3's are better than 2's and we should just score more points than them on the game it would be most effective. Defense is great, but we can't defend dominate big duos that well. Proven with this team here, proven with Memphis and to a lesser degree the Spurs.

The irony. Green would have been the key versus the pelicans.

slothy420 and mockster like this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

MDA is sometimes his own worst enemy. He doesn’t believe in his own philosophy enough to say we’re not going to win with physical play and their bigs will get theirs so let’s get ours by going with all out shooting.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

in hindsight, at least tucker and lmm brought defense last game

RA had zero pts and -20 he should have been benched and started tucker or lmm and played green

17. adagio75

adagio75 Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...iminished-with-Rockets-12523076.php?share=sms
    http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...iminished-with-Rockets-12523076.php?share=sms
    [​IMG]

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

How can you NOT love this young man, and what he represents?

DonKnock and s3ts like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

While Ariza is still LA made.